PDA

View Full Version : cannot build database

yogeneyo
May 10th, 2004, 02:01 PM
v 2.127---since i upgraded,i cannot acess all my songs.i have tried the build songs database command,and i get a window that says that it was sucessful,but when i hit ok,hoster stops responding,and i have to use alt ctrl del to shut it down.when i restart,still only about half my songs are available--any help would be appreciated

MTUSUPPORT
May 10th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I would re-run the Hoster2127setup.exe program. When you do this select Repair. This should help if one of the Microsoft Access Jet Engine files got corrupted. Once this finishes, reboot the computer and then try again.

This is the only thing that I can think of that could cause this to happen.

kenpattx
May 25th, 2004, 11:10 AM
After I upgraded my MTU laptop, I had the same problem, plus others. Bryan was great help, and we finally got it running. In regard to your problem.....when you get the message "database successfully updated" and you hit OK, you then get the "bowtie" and it stays there....on and on.......I too, did the same thing you did, with the same results..... I finally determined that I should not stop it (control alt delete) but ALLOWED IT TO RUN IT'S COURSE UNTIL THE BOW TIE DISAPPEARS...THEN YOU WILL GET ANOTHER MESSAGE THAT IT IS UPDATED. What was happening, was that while the bowtie was there, the database was updating, but when you shut it off, it shut off the updating, therefore, some of your songs were in, while the last of them weren't. Try this and see if it helps. :w