PDA

View Full Version : need to reduce size of words on monitor

geche
May 7th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Everything in Hoster is working just fine, but there is one problem. The words that come up on the monitor, go beyond the visible area of the screen. I have tried all the different resolution settings, but nothing changes. The video card I am using is a Geforce 4 MX 440 AGP 8X 64 MB DDR. If someone can tell me how to fix this problem, I will be extremely grateful.

Beavis
May 8th, 2004, 07:05 AM
try going to their site and updating the drivers.

tnrsound
May 9th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Hello geche,

I had that problem once. I noticed that there are actually two ways that you can change your screen resolution. Windows XP has there own dual monitor display which in my case was activated as the defalt. For example, when I had my computer off, hooked up the video feed to a live source then turned the computer on it would default to the Windows XP dual monitor diplay. If I did it while the computer was on I could only do it with the software that was available with the graphics card. I don't know if it will work in your case but I preferred the Windows XP dual monitor diplay settings better. It would always come up right. If possible let me know how that works out for you.

Thanks,

Tim

geche
May 10th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Sorry guys, I should have mentioned the OS I am using. It's Win. 2000. Does the same apply as in XP? I will try and download the latest drivers from the video card manufacturer's website and will let you know what happens. Thanks much!!

mlepine
May 10th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by geche
Sorry guys, I should have mentioned the OS I am using. It's Win. 2000. Does the same apply as in XP? I will try and download the latest drivers from the video card manufacturer's website and will let you know what happens. Thanks much!!

Make sure to take the latest driver from the manufacture's site of the brand like MSI, ASUS... I don't recommend you take it from NVIDIA. The driver you'll get from the manufacture's site will be more compatible with your card & also with the software that came with your card.

For ex. I have an MSI FX5600 & if I install the driver from the NVIDIA or Windows site I than have problems with my video and I'm also limited on option like capturing...

Regards

MTUSUPPORT
May 10th, 2004, 12:37 PM
You will need to find out how to setup the Dual Display under your Windows 2000 System from the Video cards manual.

This is totally different from XP. Xp can suport full Dual display, where as 2000 can't, except with a special video card and software, that I am aware of.

geche
May 12th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Well guys, I downloaded video drivers as was suggested. I can tell they are different, due to the fact that the controls for the dual monitors are not the same as before.

I still have the same problem, however. The words that appear on the television more than fill the screen. This is not a good thing. I've experimented with all the adjustments I could find, but the problem persists. Somebody Please HELLLLLLLLLP!!

Beavis
May 12th, 2004, 08:06 PM
its easier to upgrade to windowsXp !

mlepine
May 12th, 2004, 08:08 PM
geche,

what is your video setup? Less than 800 x 600 at 32 bit?
If you use this set on your television you will have small letters & bad resolution so I believe the problem is with your adjustment?

Can you read in the manual of your video card to see how to set up the dual display?

If you are now using the driver that comes from the manufacture of your MX 440 you should be able to read the manual.

Regards