PDA

View Full Version : program crashes on artist in quotes

rnights
May 5th, 2004, 05:55 PM
I have a song by nat "king" cole. Every time I try to load the song unforgettable, the program crashes and kicks me out. This happens on all songs or artists that have a double quote on them.

Please assist!

Beavis
May 5th, 2004, 08:47 PM
delete the quotes !

tnrsound
May 6th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Man that's kinda of crapy answer. Once again we shouldn't have to change the computer to match the program.

This kinda answered a question I had. I noticed sometimes that mine would crash for some reason. Now I know what the reason is.

gduns - with the Lord
May 6th, 2004, 07:45 AM
THat problem was fixed on a later revision. You show me a program that has absolutely no bugs, and I'll find one.

How can any program be 100% when the OS (windows) supporting is constantly fixing, and updating bugs in it?

Try to realize MTU and most all software is dependant on the OS that is running the computer. Windows has made over 500 major bug fixes in the last 2 years.

The Error you mention was a bug in the way "Microsoft Access" see's the " mark and causes a crash. That is our database handler.

Have you ever wondered why other programs, and even drivers for cards are constantly updating? Mostly incompatibity because there is no 1 computer with only one choice of sound card etc.

Companys are introducing new hardware products everyday, and People expect a company to know what will be done tomorrow, and fix it today. It ain't gonna happen. You cant see a problem that hasnt been created yet, and a software company Doesn't have tens of thousands of different combinations of computers, cards, drivers, software and os's to test with.

I don't work for MTU, But I do build computers, and do programming....... I see the problems everyday. MOst of it is someone expecting state of the art performance on a 10 year old machine.

AllStar
May 6th, 2004, 05:08 PM
MTU should start screening this forum. I believe that MTU does a great job, and even BEAVIS and gduns will a agree with that, both being very critical (good thing guys!!) Boy, why don't people read these forums, that's why they are there.

I look forward reading the latest in this forum everyday, but some of the topics are old, and have been discussed over and over again. If you have a valid, new question, please share it with us, but don’t get upset with BEAVIS saying, “delete the quotes!”

Something else, tnrsound wrote
"Once again we shouldn't have to change the computer to match the program"

Please inform us illiterates how we can change the computer to match the software?? :?

To all at MTU, thumbs up!!

tnrsound
May 6th, 2004, 05:40 PM
It's my opinion that MTU handles things very good. I think that it's the people that speak for MTU that make it a challange. For the sake of argument I am not going to elaborate any more on the subject.

I would like to let some people understand..........some people are computer illiterate and have not had Hoster very long. When you are trying to fix a problem and are a starting member it could take hours if not a day or two to find the answer that you are looking for in this post. The reason why I said that to Bevis is because, to me, telling a new Hoster CUSTOMER that you need to go into Microsoft Access and take out all the " to make it work properly is a challenge. Can I do it............yes. I have a friend who also has Hoster and love it but he is not advanced as some people on the computer so I have to go help him out quite frequently to get his Hoster program running correctly.

When it's all said and done I would use the quote "I am speaking for the little people".

I think that is something that everyone should think about.

Thanks for your comments.

Tim

rnights
May 6th, 2004, 05:41 PM
gduns

do you what version corrected the quotes problem?

mlepine
May 6th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by tnrsound
Man that's kinda of crapy answer. Once again we shouldn't have to change the computer to match the program.

This kinda answered a question I had. I noticed sometimes that mine would crash for some reason. Now I know what the reason is.

I have to admit that the answer was a little direct a also too easy but I'm sure she was trying to help in her own way?

take care

Beavis
May 6th, 2004, 07:58 PM
i personally type all my cd-g's in manually !! i dont use the database !

BTW my answer wasnt meant to be a wise crack ! i thought they might have had a few "quotes" typed in ! not the whole book !

i for one am not knocking MTU ! i love the product ! i am still using 2.014 until they fix the drop out problems they had. they might already be fixed but im sitting waiting.

i really wish we could get the advertizing part of the program running !! come on bryan ! it seems simple enough !

:) :) :)

admin
May 6th, 2004, 10:53 PM
We always appreciate Forum members chipping in with their knowledge. However, it pains me to see an answer that clearly doesn't respect our technology-challenged users. Keep it light and "flesh out" your answer a bit more for our users who love computers less than you do. :w

MTU has already removed the single ' marks in the database that cause the crashes. The question is whether we make this upgraded database available alone, or wait until we have the next release.

Many folks don't even know what a database is, much less feel comfortable replacing one. I'll talk to MTUSUPPORT tomorrow and see if he thinks we can replace the bucket.mdb database easy enough for everyone to do it.

However, Bevis and others who have chosen to stay at 2.014, this won't help you. :s We can only update the database for 2.127.

Beavis
May 7th, 2004, 07:16 PM
i import everything manually and like it ! i subscribe to several cg-g brands & they come in the mail every month and MTU will or should i say may never be able to keep up with the new disc that come out !

keep up the good work MTU!!!!!!!!!!!