PDA

View Full Version : Dual Video Display Confusion???

John Fuller
May 3rd, 2004, 02:36 AM
I am using MTU Hoster 2.127 in a HP Pavillion 5120 with a 9000 ATI Graphics adaptor and Windows XP Home Edition. I have 8600 CDG songs installed and they all play well on the Laptop screen, however I am unable to get the dual display to activate. I have read the Manual which came with the Hoster program and must be doing something wrong. Can anyone give me step by step instructions to activate the second monitor. I am using a 13" Sony TV with the S-Video cable. The second monitor is not recognized even though I have it on when I boot the computer. When I go into the Display Settings and click on the second monitor and check the box to activate this monitor and click the apply button, the screen goes dark on the computer for a few seconds while the display changes would normally be taking place, then it comes back up showing the second monitor as inactive. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance. I went back in the Forum, 22 pages, Oct. of 2002 and couldn't find any help.

gduns - with the Lord
May 3rd, 2004, 07:51 AM
You may have to set the monitor to s-video to make it active. Some sets have a separate s-video inout from the regular video, and you have to set it.

From what you are telling me this may be the problem. The computer does not see the monitor.

admin
May 3rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
This belongs in the Hoster Help forum. :w