PDA

View Full Version : How can I get Duets into a group in my book?

gotrich
May 3rd, 2004, 02:15 AM
Is there a way to get Duets to file in a group in the d's??

admin
May 3rd, 2004, 03:29 AM
As one user suggested, when you enter the song name or artist name when importing the track in the Import Tracks Tab, insert "Duet" at the start. Then, when you print your book by Artist firstname first, or lastname first, all your "Duet" songs will appear under "D" for either printing.

There is currently no other way in Hoster to specify Duet, or print it.

gotrich
May 4th, 2004, 04:37 AM
I was still importing when I read about the duets and putting duet infront of the name. As I was importing I went to look at the databse to startfixing them. When I did it said create database when I opened the database with access. Now when i import it wants to start at Book ID 1 I continued to use the numbers I had before and acted like the previous numbers were used and not available. When I got to print my book am I gonna have problems...DID I MESS UP BIG????

admin
May 4th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Please try to give us a total picture of what you do on one point before you take off on a different point. I for one, am left in the dust trying to understand what you are telling me.

It sounds like you have opened the Songs.mdb database with Microsoft Access... probably 2000 versus 97. If so, you had to convert the database to 2000 format. If you edited it, and didn't export it back in 97 format, then Hoster doesn't see your "new" Songs.mdb database.

Why do I think this might have happened? In the Import Tracks Tab, the BookID that is auto-assigned by the NEXT button is derrived from the Songs.mdb database. That is the only database accessable location the BookID is stored. Thus, if Songs.mdb is not available, the NEXT button would see nothing and assign 1 as the next BookID.

Your turn to explain more what you have done. :w

gotrich
May 5th, 2004, 05:03 AM
What you said sound about right. I did 40 some disk and thought I would print a test book...and I got an error because I realize I did something wrong. So now I am re importing all of the songs that the book ID says it dont have and I notice the songs are not in the book(that I am re importing. I am sure there was a quicker way.

LOL Its hard to explain what you did wrong when you dont know what you did..LOL:g

gduns - with the Lord
May 5th, 2004, 09:35 AM
it would probably save you a bunch of time just to rebuild database.

it usually takes less than 5 minutes. a lot quicker than reimporting all those cd's