PDA

View Full Version : Download Karaoke??

sham823
May 1st, 2004, 01:34 PM
HAS ANYONE DOWNLOADED ANY DCG'S FROM ANY WEB SITE?
I DOWNLOADED SOME FROM CAVS BUT THEY WERE IN SOME STUPID FORMAT THAT THERE OWN SOFTWARE DON'T RECOGNIZE.

Alan Bingham
June 23rd, 2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by sham823
HAS ANYONE DOWNLOADED ANY DCG'S FROM ANY WEB SITE?
I DOWNLOADED SOME FROM CAVS BUT THEY WERE IN SOME STUPID FORMAT THAT THERE OWN SOFTWARE DON'T RECOGNIZE.

Not sure how long this will last here, but yes, I do purchase music from them, but I also bought their software to convert it back to cd+g and I burn them back onto a disk.

When I look at the price of filling up a disk of songs I want as opposed to going out and buying disks with alot of songs I don't want I like it.

MTU should look into making software to convert to and from their KMA format back and sell the songs online as well I would buy them here. I think they must be doing fine without it.

But the KMA format would allow people buying the Hoster system to buy it full of songs ready to plug and play.

Just my thoughts.
Alan.

:r

mlepine
August 17th, 2004, 10:01 PM
When you download what you call a cdg file, you mean mp3+g right?
If that's the case, all you need is any editing software like WaveLab or the Creative WaveStudio to convert (decode) the compressed audio (mp3) to wave so this way you have a wave+g file all ready to be converted to bin and burned to create your real cdg disk!! :c

Also, why not normalise the track while it's a wave track? :?

It might look complicated but a good editing software will be able to decode the entire folder to wave so all you need to do is relaxed! :e

It's my understanding that MTU is working on something to convert from the mp3+g & cdg to KMA???

Alan Bingham
September 13th, 2004, 05:00 PM
When you download what you call a cdg file, you mean mp3+g right?

That may be correct, however I didn't want to mention the other guys here...I don't believe that its right to promote a competitor's software with-in someone's forum...besides, it takes 2 competitors softwares to make the files back into cd+g formats. (microstudio might do it, Im not sure.)

Let me just say, that it does create bin files, and then I need to use another software to burn the bin file back onto a disk so that it can be read as cd+g

It is a drawn out process, but I buy the songs I want for around 2.00 each, so 15 songs is 30.00 bucks...around the price of a sound choice disk...but with 15 songs that I want.

gotrich
October 3rd, 2004, 01:45 PM
Where do you buy these disk or downloads?