PDA

View Full Version : CD Rom for Microstudio

jperk
April 26th, 2004, 08:07 PM
I would like to purchase microstudio to back up my cdgs with. I realize that I will need to purchase one of your certified CD RWs to do this, but what brand and model CD ROM should be used to read the discs when making back up copies?

email me response would be great:
info@karaokeandtrivia.com

mlepine
April 26th, 2004, 08:37 PM
MTU offers the Plextor brand which are certified cdg burner if you do buy from them but the brand is also available at most good computer stores.

If you wish to have copies that sounds & look better than the original believe me, a Plextor combine with the Mitsui CDR media is the secret!

Have Fun!
regards

jperk
April 27th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Per the subject line, I need an inexpensive reader, not a $110 burner. Plextor doesn't seem to make any readers, though. Only burners. I just hate to spend the money on two burners when I need one burner and one reader. ANy more help?

George
April 27th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Most cdrom drives are not cdg compatable.

The Plextor burner will read and write cdg. All you have to do is swap the discs.

Hope this helps.

George

MTUSUPPORT
April 27th, 2004, 10:36 AM
As George stated the one drive will do it all. This is all you need to make backups of your Karaoke Discs.

admin
April 27th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Because only an older Plextor CDROM drive can read the CD+G format, and it is more expensive than a CDR drive, Microstudio does not support it or any CDROM drives.

The single CDR can be used for your reading drive and your writing drive. As said above, you only need to swap the media between the read and write operations. :w