PDA

View Full Version : Numbering Songs

ShamrockJnn
April 26th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Hi, I just installed Hoster and when I was talking to the salesman for this product I asked him if I could number the songs the same way I have them in the book I already have and he told me yes but by looking at some of the post here it seems like it is not true. My books and cdg are numbered like this disc# and song # like if the song is on disc 1 song 2 you would write 1-2 on the song request slip can I number the disc likemthat or not let me know>

CochrellGary
April 27th, 2004, 10:35 AM
ShamrockJnn,

You should have no problem loading Hoster to match your current song book. The only difference will be the way the track number is recorded in Hoster and the way your singers currently request a song. Hoster will record disk 1 track 1 as 101, the track number will always be two digits. Another example would be, say - disk 318 track 14. Hoster records this as 31814.
Just make sure that you load your CDG's into Hoster in the order they are in your song book. Hope this helps.

Gary

admin
April 27th, 2004, 11:28 AM
You need to understand how the BookID works to get it in sync with your current external Song Book.

Also BE SURE to read the section on naming any track Artistnames (that are not already in the provided database) so your Hoster Song Book will be able to print by Lastname-first order.

Example:

A song by Kenny Rogers, should be entered as Rogers,Kenny.

Or Kenny Rogers & Dolly Partin would be Rogers & Dolly Partin,Kenny

The Beatles should be Beatles,The to get it to list under "B" instead of "T".

Look at what the database shows as you select a Brand and DiscID for a disc to be imported. It should give you a clear idea.

PastMember
April 27th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Example:

A song by Kenny Rogers, should be entered as Rogers,Kenny.

Or Kenny Rogers & Dolly Partin would be Rogers & Dolly Partin,Kenny

The Beatles should be Beatles,The to get it to list under "B" instead of "T".

In order for artist name to print out correctly there MUST be a [spacebar] between the comma and 2nd half of the artist name...

i.e. NOT ---> Rogers,Kenny

it should be: Rogers, Kenny

NOTE that between "Rogers" and "Kenny" there is a comma AND a space.

The formatting program uses that comma+space as a delimiter to know where to reverse names and alphabetize properly. If you don't include the space, then "Rogers,Kenny" will ALWAYS print as "Rogers,Kenny" no matter which option (first name or last name first) you choose because the program won't know where to make the division.