PDA

View Full Version : Hoster Performer's Choice Problem

ATech4U
April 26th, 2004, 12:57 PM
I have some Performers Choice CD's but everytime I click on Performer's Choice in the Import Tracks section of Hoster 2.127 that I just bought it tells me "Syntax error(missing operator) in query expression 'MfgName = Performer's Choice". (3075) Then it lets me enter my CD but when I go to play list and Choose Performer's Choice is says the same thing and won't let me get to the CD's and play the ones I entered. Then I get a message that Hoster Application encountered a problem and has to close. HELP! Have show tomorrow?

admin
April 26th, 2004, 06:13 PM
We need to evaluate what would happen if you modify the bucket.mdb main database. We will try to do that tomorrow. There was code added some time back to ignore the single quote ' character, but it may not be working correctly.

You should be able to modify your Songs.mdb database without problems.

1. Close Hoster.

2. MAKE A BACKUP COPY of your Songs.mdb file FIRST!!! That way if it doesn't work out, you can rename your copy back to Songs.mdb and you are back to normal.

3. Open the Songs.mdb in Access 2000, search for the single quote ' character and remove it in all locations.

4. Click the Access 2000 Tools menu > Database Utlilities > Convert Database > To Prior Access Database Version...

This should convert it back to Windows Access 97 format.

Run Hoster and see if Performer's Choice is now working in the Playlist Tab.