PDA

View Full Version : Hoster not reading discs

Azkaraoke4
April 13th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Hi All, I'm new to hoster and just got it a few days ago. It has been working great and I have got a lot of info from here, Thanks everyone. However I have hit a snag. I have imported all my dk's all my sd's all my sound choice and I was on some nutech disks. I imported 2009, it's a christmas one. It showed 24 tracks but only had song and artist listed for the first 12 songs. So I just impoted the fir 12. The problem is now hoster will not read any disks. I tried 2010, 2011, 2012 and then I rebooted and tried them again. Nope nothing. Then I rebooted again and tried to do a chartbuster disk and had no luck. I can play kma files and do the normal karaoke stuff but hoster will not read to import any disks. Can someone help? I am running what I believe is the latest hoster seeing that I bought it less than a week ago and I have p4 2.8ghz 1gig ram 60 gig hd xp prof and the plextor 708a.
Audigy 2, radeon 9000 128mg. And yes i did slow down the acceleration on the sound card
:w
Thanks in advance.
John

George
April 13th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Try clicking on TOOLS, then click on CD/DVD DRIVE DEFAULTS, and make certain your drive is selected as the default.

If no drives are showing, try re-installing REPAIR OPTION. Something must have glitched.

On the cdg you mentioned, I'd hazard a guess that 12 of the 24 tracks are vocal demo tracks, and the database is only recognizing the Karaoke Background tracks.

Hope this helps,

George

Azkaraoke4
April 13th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Thanks George I'll try that when I get home. And yes the 12 tracks that it did recognize though were the ones with the vocals on them. At this point I figure what ever though cause the people that I have seen do christmas karaoke need the help..haha
But if your idea works I will go back and re-do those tracks.
I'll get back to you on this.:c

Azkaraoke4
April 14th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Ok i went and checked those items and they looked fine. However I went ahead and unchecked the default button for the player and then rechecked it and vwala.... it worked. So I imported a chartbuster disk and no problem. So I proceeded to go back and try the nu-tech disk. **** now I'm back to the same problem. Ok Now to try the same fix. Nope, don't work. Grr....
I'll try again later.
Any other suggestions anyone?

George
April 14th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Might try re-booting and then try the fix that worked again.

This is really wierd.

Take care,

George

Azkaraoke4
April 14th, 2004, 09:07 PM
:) Ok I rebooted and it's working fine right now. I think I am gonna just move along with the rest of my disks and come back to the nu-tech. Yes it is weird. Hmm... but I love this program so far and thats the only glitch I have had as of yet. I can't wait to run my first show with it.
Thanks for the advice.
John