PDA

View Full Version : why do songs stop at #15

natascha52
April 7th, 2004, 06:59 PM
hi why are all the songs i am importing get stuck at song 15 please let me know i am losing alot of songs like this

gduns - with the Lord
April 7th, 2004, 11:12 PM
the disks you are up loading are either sound choice, top tunes, or chartbuster, and are of fairly new burns. They are copy protected with multisession protection, and there is a work around, but you have to copy them track by track using microstudio at this time to import them . I think Mtu is working on a workaround so it can be done. be patient.

natascha52
April 8th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by gduns
the disks you are up loading are either sound choice, top tunes, or chartbuster, and are of fairly new burns. They are copy protected with multisession protection, and there is a work around, but you have to copy them track by track using microstudio at this time to import them . I think Mtu is working on a workaround so it can be done. be patient.

Ok so where can i get microstudio?????

mindonstrike
April 8th, 2004, 06:26 AM
If you've got a lot of them you might consider just doing the track 15's (or whatever the last track is that's affected) from all your affected disks and importing them as a custom compilation.

Sam

gduns - with the Lord
April 8th, 2004, 07:24 AM
MTU sells Microstudio.

songpony
April 14th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Can they be imported to Hoster from the .cdg files that Microstudio creates, or do they have to be burned to a disk? If they have to be burned to a disk, the bad thing is that in order to appear as song number 15 (which is important to me since I use the manufacturer and disk information to identify a song rather than the book ID), every disk with a song 15 that won't load to Hoster will require creation of a new "dummy" disk just to get that one song - a definite pain. You'd think that if MTU has the technology to read the disk with one product, that it could easily be expanded to their other products.

admin
April 14th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by songpony
Can they be imported to Hoster from the .cdg files that Microstudio creates, or do they have to be burned to a disk? If they have to be burned to a disk, the bad thing is that in order to appear as song number 15 (which is important to me since I use the manufacturer and disk information to identify a song rather than the book ID), every disk with a song 15 that won't load to Hoster will require creation of a new "dummy" disk just to get that one song - a definite pain. You'd think that if MTU has the technology to read the disk with one product, that it could easily be expanded to their other products.
Currently Hoster cannot import .cdg files on the hard drive. We have that scheduled for Version 2.3xx. If you need these songs now, you must import the tracks with Microstudio, add them to the Custom Assembly list and burn them to a disc. The advantage is that you then have a non-multisession disc.

gduns - with the Lord
April 15th, 2004, 07:46 AM
You'd think that if MTU has the technology to read the disk with one product, that it could easily be expanded to their other products.

Mtu is working on this problem, but The blame for your problem is The MFG of the disk not mtu. The more people complaining to the MFG, there is a chance one day the mfg will stop using theis technology.

Sound Choice, gave in on the Mediaclog protection due to public outcry.

George
April 15th, 2004, 08:17 AM
You'd think that if MTU has the technology to read the disk with one product, that it could easily be expanded to their other products

Right on, GDUNS.

There's something else to consider also. You cannot burn from Hoster. Therefor importing multisession discs does not create an atmosphere of copying copy protected discs.

Microstudio, however is a horse of a different color. It does copy discs, LEGALLY, and copying copy protected discs just might be a problem.

It's my understanding the advent of copy protected discs is one reason CDCLONE has been pulled off the market. They plainly state on their website that due to recent copywrite laws they are no longer selling CDCLONE.

I've read that it is now illegal to manufacture a "black box" or software of a similar nature, for the purpose of getting around copy protection, like what was done with the so called "video stabilizers" to get around Media Clog in videotaped movies.

George