PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to a next singer display feature?

sevekj
April 6th, 2004, 12:50 AM
I noticed several disabled features in the last hoster version, one looked like it was going to feature a way to inject the next singers name possibly in the very lower portion of the singers display screen, the competition software does this feature.
Is this in the planning at all, also to be used maybe to scroll a customized commercial, like drink special for the next 15 minutes or somehting along those lines, or dance break comming up in ten.

gduns - with the Lord
April 7th, 2004, 10:45 AM
good suggestion,

I'm still trying to get them to add a scanner to read request slips. it is so annoying to have to manually type in the song id and name.

the only problem with the next singers name being on the screen I can see is they will have to be reading the screen to see it. I don't find I have a lot of customers paying a lot of attention to the screen when they are not having to read it. Or if they are in the rest room. I see that as part of the KJ's job to announce it.

Make it totally automatic, and they won't need us. they will only need a computer.

this isn't a flame, I just dont see it happening.

Eric Whitehouse
April 7th, 2004, 11:31 AM
I think it would be a good feature to add into Hoster. Across the pond here many bars now have either multi-screen or large screen tv. At all my residencies I plug my equipment into the house audio video system which relays everything throughout the pub inside and out.
I think a Next Performer Screen that displays the next performers name and track they are singing would certainly enhance the Hoster program.

:)

sevekj
April 8th, 2004, 08:40 PM
I currently use a large dry erase board to display the rotation as a convenience to my singers, plus this helps keep the rotation order fair and orderly. I have been shopping and shopping before getting hoster to get my system computerized and I settled with MTU, even though the competitor offers their software for a fraction of the cost and also it plays in a more universal zip and mp3+g format and their user can join support groups and steal every karaoke song available, I chose a more ethical brand.
Any way this competitor offers a couple of options I find very nice and that is 1. Displays the next singer or personal message across the bottom of the screen, and 2 advances the song audio to begin as soon as play is pressed without the silent 10 or 19 seconds by some mfgrs. I am proud of my choice I just don't want to be shown up.Originally posted by gduns
good suggestion,

I'm still trying to get them to add a scanner to read request slips. it is so annoying to have to manually type in the song id and name.

the only problem with the next singers name being on the screen I can see is they will have to be reading the screen to see it. I don't find I have a lot of customers paying a lot of attention to the screen when they are not having to read it. Or if they are in the rest room. I see that as part of the KJ's job to announce it.

Make it totally automatic, and they won't need us. they will only need a computer.

this isn't a flame, I just dont see it happening.

gduns - with the Lord
April 9th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Now what I could see reasonably happening would be reducing the display to 3/4 screen and having the next singer up poster at the bottom 1/4 of the screen. Or possibly scroll across messages there.

But seriously in the future, I can see a scanner reading request slips of a specific format.

(Buck Rogers stuff):g
10 years from now, what about a hologram kj with a random celebrity hosting. say garth, or shania

flipper
January 25th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Singers name display feature came out a couple of releases ago. Look for the SND button on hoster display

flipper
February 8th, 2005, 05:30 AM
that's a new one on me....I've been using the Singers Name Display for at least a couple of months now. Unless you are referring to a different type of display.

This feature displays from 3 to 15 singers and their songs that they will sing in rotation. There is a SND button which activates this feature. It displays on external TV monitors.

Works great!!

Beavis
February 8th, 2005, 09:00 AM
hey flipper,

look at how old those post are. 4/9/04

quaizywabbit
February 8th, 2005, 01:50 PM
with XP, you can have up to 10 monitors.

While I can't see using that many,

why couldn't you add an additional card to handle the SND?

flipper
February 8th, 2005, 02:21 PM
thanks Beavis!

Didn't think about that... :r

MTUSUPPORT
February 9th, 2005, 07:51 AM
You could run more Displays, as long as your Hardware and OS could do it.