PDA

View Full Version : video audio sync

ibanez
March 26th, 2004, 02:17 PM
hi.
i'm having probleems sync my audio to my video.
the lirycs are lagging behind the music. and i've tried to adjust
it with playback offset.
that didn't work i have a new toshiba satelite 25a series
with 2.8 gig 60gig hrddrive 512 mb ram 32m video my video card is trident cyber aladdin p4
and my sound card is
echo indigo digital.
please tell me what can i do.

mlepine
March 26th, 2004, 06:45 PM
First thing you should do is to download ALL updates from the Windows Update site.

If after you still have the same problem let us know we will help you out.

This could fix your problem

Regards

ibanez
March 27th, 2004, 02:54 PM
thanks
nlepine.
i did what you told me i updated but i, m still having problems with the sync.
i noticed that the words has to be on the screen completely before it stars to highlite the starting words on top.
so in other words the highlited words won't start untill the verse or section of word are all on rhe screen before it highlites but it will catch up after a few words.
help me if you can.
thanks.

admin
March 28th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Do all songs you play have this same delay, or only ones where the lyrics are sweeping very fast?

If very fast, do these same songs have the delay when the disc is played in a Karaoke Player Machine?

ibanez
March 28th, 2004, 04:10 PM
hi guys'
the probleem i'm having is the words on the screen needs to be completed before it starts to highlite the words that the singer needs to sing.
the cd works fine in the player and some songs the starting graphics don't show after the music stars,
like there's a delay in the video and the words don't appear simultanious.
using the player the words will highlite and print on the screen simultaniously.
so in other words the the lyric has to be completed on the screen before it will highlite . it will speed up untill it matches untill the next set of lyrics appear.
also i've got about 100 vdg with video background on them whe will hoster be able to read them and add them to my list.
most of them are by u-best.
thanks.

Beavis
March 28th, 2004, 07:10 PM
do you have all windows updates ??? and is your video card updated from its website not windows update?

George
March 28th, 2004, 09:14 PM
IBANEZ,

Does your computer have the following minimum requirements ?

At least 512 mg RAM.

At least 800 Mhz processor( that's bare bones)

DIRECT X 9.0 or higher.

If it falls short in any of these areas, Hoster will not run properly.

You can check out the hardware requirements in the COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS section of the Manual.

George.

ibanez
March 28th, 2004, 09:25 PM
hi george,
this is nabrand new toshiba laptop pent-4 /2.8 gig / 512 gb trident cyber alladdin p-4 video card windows xp .
i noticed that it cant highlite and print on the screen the same time. it has to finish placing the words on the screen before it will highlite but it will catch up untill the new screen of words come up.

George
March 28th, 2004, 10:23 PM
I realize it takes a bit of getting used to, but this is the fourth thread you've started with this problem. That makes it very hard to follow, and anyone trying to help you doesn't get notified that you've responded. All you need to is click on the CLICK TO ANSWER button at the bottom of the screen to continue in the same thread.

When you start new threads, those trying to help you do not get notified you've responded...anyway...

What version of DIRECT X are you running? You must have version 9.0 or better.

If you don't have 9.0 or better, go to Microsoft's website and download it. I believe it's currently at 9.1.

If you don't know how to check your version, go to START, RUN, and type in DXDIAG, and click OK. Near the bottom of the first page it will tell you what version of DIRECT X you are running.

George

gduns - with the Lord
March 29th, 2004, 09:51 AM
George,
Do we support the Trident video card?

George
March 29th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Good question, GDUNS. They're rather broad in the manual when they say you must have a dual display video card "such as"
ATI 9600,8500, 7500, or an NVIDIA if separate displays for audience and singer are required.

I take that "such as" to mean any quality dual display card, but the ATI and NVIDIA is the recommended way to go. Guess it's a matter of interpretation.

I might add, for anyone else reading that's in the market for a dual display card, if you go ATI, be sure to spend a couple of bucks more and get "Made by ATI", not "Powered By ATI" . There are some el cheepos out there that use patented ATI circuitry, but have been known to be problematic. They are advertised as "Powered By ATI".

Even though this is a new pc, I'd strongly recommend going to the Microsoft website and downloading XPservice pack-1, and going to the video card MFG site and downloading any Firmware and driver upgrades available.

George

MTUSUPPORT
March 29th, 2004, 02:22 PM
The Video card that you have is what is causing this. The Trident card, from past experiences doesn't have the power to run the software. You need to have either and ATI Radeon Video card or an NVIDIA card for the video to correctly work.

We recommend ATI.

These are the only two manufacturers that make the chips for Laptops, that will correctly run the software.

ibanez
March 31st, 2004, 09:23 AM
hi.
since finding out my problem is my video card, i need to find out how i can remedy it. do i need to get a new laptop with a valid video card that will work with hoster? and how do go about uninstall hoster and reinstall hoster on a new lap top. i now have a toshiba a45 satelite 2.8 gig pent 4 with 512 ram with a trident video card.
what do you guys recommend to get that will work with the program?.
thanks.

Beavis
March 31st, 2004, 12:50 PM
does MTU recommend any external video cards ?

gduns - with the Lord
March 31st, 2004, 01:54 PM
FWIW,
I could never get sync from my compaq presario 900 w/1.7 ghz athalon processor. I was given a presario 2190us which is a cheeper model but has a 2.4 ghz intel pentium and it syncs beautifully with the external 200 gig hard drive. it will work with or without a usb2.0 spec. I mention this because I thought you needed the speed of the usb2.0. but it works just peachy with the built in usb 1.1 interface.

This model is on the compaq website for about $700.00

hope this helps.

MTUSUPPORT
March 31st, 2004, 01:57 PM
Beavis,
There are no external Video cards for Notebooks that I am aware of. The only thing that I have seen is a type of Video capture card or something of that.

The only systems that we know that will work are the ones that we sell on our Site, http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaoke-laptop-2.htm

You might beable to get a High-End Dell model that would work, such as the Dell Inspiron 8600, 9100 or XPS.

If choosing any of these Dell Laptops, I would recommend only getting the ATI Radeon Graphics chip in them over the NVIDIA, you will have less problems in the future.

Beavis
March 31st, 2004, 07:31 PM
check this out bryan.

usb external 2.0 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4120808754&category=3762)

mlepine
March 31st, 2004, 09:20 PM
Quote by Bryan
If choosing any of these Dell Laptops, I would recommend only getting the ATI Radeon Graphics chip in them over the NVIDIA, you will have less problems in the future.

Bryan,
Are you talking about in board Video card when you make this comment or in general?
My experience so far is that most of the time my problems is with the ATI card not NVIDIA!
I just replace another ATI Radeon 7000 that was allergic to my Karaoke graphics!!
I just installed an MSI MX4000-T128 on my Dell PIII, 933, 512Meg Ram and I most say it's day & night! Finally I can enjoy Karaoke on this computer.

When I say this I mean it, I've tested more than one ATI Card and I always have problems with them. For ex. Their latest driver is what causes the problem if I install an older version from August 03 it's working properly so when I hear people say ATI are getting better or don't have problems with their drivers I can tell you it's not thru & it's the opposite!

Don't get me wrong, I use to be a big fan of their cards & the fact that they're Canadian Company made me proud but what can I say, NVIDIA is more stable, cheaper...

My comment is only on the AGP model because I never tested any NVIDIA on a Laptop but my Dell Inspiron 4100 LapTop has an ATI Radeon that is also allergic to the graphic on my Karaoke software.

Regards

George
March 31st, 2004, 10:39 PM
Once again, folks...and this is worth repeating.

When discussing the merits or shortcomings of the ATI cards one must be more specific.

There are two breeds of ATI cards on the market.

There are those advertised as "MADE BY ATI", and they perform exceptionally well. Have used the ATI Pro 2000 for some time now, in one pc, and have used the Radeon 7500 series dual display from day one testing Hoster in the other pc, and never a glitch from either one.

The other breed are those advertised as "POWERED BY ATI". They are made by other manufacturers who pay for the right to utilize some ATI patents in their cards. These can be very problematic, and almost invariably when there have been problems reported with ATI, they have been the el cheapo POWERED BY ATI.

Unfortunately, all the end user knows when problems arise is they bought an ATI.

I can't comment on NVIDIA except to say there has been enough problems reported in these forums regarding them to make one wonder. Don't take my word...search NVIDIA, then search ATI and compare notes.

Regarding Bryan's comments, one must consider that he has a vested interest in seeing that his product will perform well, and when he says you could have a problem with one brand of something or another, one must reason he has some basis for saying what he does that goes well beyond opinion, has foundation in broad experience, and take heed.

George

MTUSUPPORT
April 1st, 2004, 10:53 AM
Mlepine,
We have been using ATI Video cards since 1994 as our sole card. The only time that we have changed was about 9 months ago for about 6 months, when we were shipping the Nvidia MX400 and testing the NVIDIA FX5200 cards. I had nothing but problems with these. The only reason that we switched to NVIDIA was as you stated, Price. The sales department wanted something cheaper, that would work. The NVIDIA did work, but you talk about problems, I have never in my life had so many Video problems, as I did with NVIDIA. This is why we switched back to ATI. I told them there was never a problem with ATI in the last 10 years of shipping them, and the last 6 months with NVIDIA was like a Nightmare.

This is why I don't recommend NVIDIA. Now I know some clients love NVIDIA and others will hate them. It is a toss up, but as to what MTU recommends it is ATI.

Which ATI card do you have that is in your Dell Inspiron 4100? Don't forget that whichever card you have, no matter what brand it is, it must beable to support DirectX 9.0 or it will not work with our software. The ATI 7000 only had drivers to support DirectX 7.1, and not 9.0.

Beavis,
As to your Post about the External Video, that is an Add On to do Dgital video creation. There is no way to make that card take the place of the chip that is built into the Laptop. Here is the website of that card that you posted about: http://www.snazzi.com/newsite/pages/products/snazziusb2evongold.asp

Here is another one that I found, but it will do the same, run up to 4 monitors but they still require a high end video card in the system for it to work: http://www.digitaltigers.com/sidecar.shtml

Also as George has stated if the cards are "Built by ATI" and not "Powered by ATI" there is a night and day difference. The only cards that we recommend and use are the ones that are "Built by ATI".

Beavis
April 1st, 2004, 12:19 PM
thanks bryan, just thought it might help !

:) :) :)

mlepine
April 1st, 2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience Bryan, I guess all my problems were just isolated case and maybe ATI is better than NVIDIA?

The card I have in my Dell Inspiron 4100 is the ATI Mobilty Radeon (LY) with 16 MB. I have no idea if it works with Hoster, I never tried because I dont have a compatible drive for your software but with a Midi Karaoke software it doesn't work well.

The last ATI card I bought was the 9200 SE I believe & it was compatible with the directX 9.0 but didn't work well with Hoster demo, I had to bring it back after a week because after plugin a TV on the card the card went crazy, it was pumping all the time & I couldn't bring it work properly, tried a new installation... nothing I could do! It was a "Built by" not "Powered By"

MTUSUPPORT Added: The SE Edition of the cards has half of the Memory Interface of the other Versions. This makes the card slower than the other models of the 9200. We tested the SE and it would not work correctly. Click Here to see the comparison chart on ATI's website that shows the differences between the 9200 Series cards. (http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9200/radeon9200/compare.html)

When I say have been having problems with their card I don't necessary mean with your software but overall, sensitive to resolution change, they have difficulties coming back to their default mode, with the old Microstudio for ex. If I had the 8 bit mode and was leaving the program the graphic had problems again going back to its default mode.
I built computers on my spare time and I was in fact only using ATI until I discover the MSI cards which are cheap, generous on their bundle and so stable.

I guess we can go on and on and we will never be able to really say who makes the best card, I guess each of our personal experience are just as good...

Regards

gduns - with the Lord
April 2nd, 2004, 07:36 AM
mlepine,
I Know what you mean. I also have built many computers, and MSI makes the best quality of all the sound cards I have ever used.

I Am using an MSI nvidea mx5800 right now, and tried the Top of the line ati card, I think it was a 9000 series. and it had a fuzzy display. I put the Msi card back in, and it was crystal sharp. with the same monitors.

But I always use the card MFG's latest drivers. They usually are tweaked for their card, and not the chip in general. MSI offers like you said a Very generous bundle of software, and also have video in as well as out.

To Me they are the best. But I have had 2 laptops with ati and they both worked well. so is it 12 , or a dozen. Matter of opinion.

George
April 2nd, 2004, 08:29 AM
I think what's happened on this thread goes a bit beyond twelve of one or a dozen of another.

A manufacturer of a product (MTU) came forward and pointedly said what they felt worked best with their product. That got immediately challanged, which seems to happen quite frequently as of late.

If an auto manufacturer tells us to use high octane unleaded gasoline in their product we take it to mean that the manufacturer knows his auto will run at optimum performance on high octane unleaded gasoline.

That should be no different here. Bryan's and ADMIN's recommendations can be taken to mean their experience has proven to them what perifials work best with their products, and to challange those recommendations does nothing except get the poor person seeking help even more confused.

If MTU's recommendation gets taken, and does not work out, then they are on the line to seek a solution.

If a third party causes the person seeking help to not follow the recommendations of MTU, then MTU really has no reason to get unduly concerned any further, do they? They would be in their rights to say " we gave you a solution and you chose to do other wise...good luck".

Do we as bystanders have the right to cause that to happen?

George

gduns - with the Lord
April 2nd, 2004, 08:48 AM
GEORGE,
I made no comment as to the useability of a card with hoster or any other MTU product, only as to my experience to video cards in general.

Since you chose to question my knowlege and comments, I will leave the MTU Forums to YOU to answer ALL questions. I will keep all my comments to myself.

Sorry guys if I had an opinion.

George
April 2nd, 2004, 09:08 AM
GDUNS,

I don't believe any comments were directed specifically to anyone.

I can't help it if my post followed yours.

The main point I thought I was making was that a recommendation from the manufacturer is more than "opinion".

Nothing was directed at you, but you appear to be less tolerant of other opinions than you wish for your own..

George

mikedomi
April 2nd, 2004, 01:17 PM
i
meaning my company build these dam things all day long and so far i dont like any of the cards that you guys are talking about for
hoster most of these cards dont support extended desk top mode in windows 2000 pro
the only card that we will support for hoster is the
matrox millennium g 550 this is a great card for hoster and windows 2000 pro and xp pro with this card if you were to knock off both of your video cables from the back and plug them back in you would still have your video just like it was before they came off

it sets up a little diff from most cards
BUT LET ME TELL YOU IT IS ROCK SOLID GREAT ALLL AROUND CARD
IF I WAS BUILDING A DESK TOP FOR SOME ONE AND THEY TOLD ME THEY WANTED ONE OF THESE CARDS YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT I WOULD NOT BUILD IT I WOULD SEND THEM SOME WERE ELSE

SO THIS IS JUST THE WAY IT GOES
HE SAIS SHE SAID SOME TIME YOU HAVE TO TRY 3 OR 4 BEFORE YOU FIND ONE THAT WORKS
THEY HAVE NOT BUILT ONE THAT WILL WORK IN ALL COMPTURE SO JUST KEEP TRYING

mike