PDA

View Full Version : Song Book-Fun with Hoster 2.126

jerst
March 14th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Soooooooooooooo,

I was really looking forward to getting my songbooks done correctly finally. You know, last name first in the artist section.

I read the manual at least three times, and what I understood was to auto update first, then update kma headers.

I have tried this several times, and can get no more than perhaps 5% of the songlist in last name first.

What am I missing.

Thanks,

Jerry:m :

Eric Whitehouse
March 21st, 2004, 04:50 AM
I must admit I was finally hoping to sort my songbooks out. Is there anyway around this problem or do I have to re- import all my discs using the corrected new database, which means starting all over again.

Regards,

Eric Whitehouse

George
March 21st, 2004, 03:04 PM
To create Songbook:

Click on TOOLS.

Click on BUILD DATABASE.

Click on TOOLS again.

Click on PREPARE SONGBOOK.

Select FIRST NAME FIRST or LAST NAME FIRST.

Click CREATE SONG BOOK FILES.

Close program, open the word processor you're using. The default is Wordpad.

They should be there. If you need to manually locate them for your word processor, the address should be c:\program files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases.

Substitute your drive if not C:\

George

nreel
March 22nd, 2004, 04:22 AM
I understand that the Update KMA Header works off the SONG.MDB database (the Songs that you have Imported).

So, if you correct the SONGS.MDB and RUN the UPDATE KMA HEADERS, this will correct your KMA files permanently.

This helps if you ever need to rebuild the Songs Database and you haven't Backed-up your Songs.MDB file for some reason.

In other words, if you correct the SONGS.MDB, just to print your books, and, you ever need to Rebuild your database through Hoster, whatever is in the Header of the KMA file will make up your new Songs.MDB database replacing whatever work you expended in correcting the Songs.MDB.

Basically, if you do not know how to EDIT an MS Access database directly, then, the only alternative, to bring your KMA Headers in alignment with hoster's current database, is to re-import.

I may be off-base with this Update KMA header thing.

songpony
March 22nd, 2004, 05:53 PM
I would really like to more about the "Update KMA Headers" function as well. I was really hoping that it would allow me to change the manufacturer / disk information without having to reload the songs. After I was part way through loading my disks, I realized that in order to play a song by disk number (rather than Book ID), you have to first select the manufacturer associated with it in order to then come up with the disks you've loaded under that manufacturer name; not all of their manufacturer information comes up in a way that would make it simple to determine what disk numbers are under it, so I wanted to modify them to make them more like my disk numbers and make it obvious. I was hoping that "Update KMA Headers" would do that, but I could find enough information on it to make it worth trying - I ended up reloading disks. Any ideas?