PDA

View Full Version : Pc Audio Out

kenpattx
March 14th, 2004, 04:27 PM
i HAVE THE MTU LAPTOP(5600 SERIES) SMALLER LAPTOP.... HERES MY PROBLEM.. TO MY KNOWLEDGE THERE IS ONLY ONE AUDIO OUT AND THAT IS THE HEADPHONE OUTPUT MINI PLUG.. IT HAS BECOME ALMOST DISFUNCTIONAL, IT HAS BECOME LOOSE, ON THE INSIDE OF THE LAPTOP, I GUESS THE NUT HAS BACKED OFF OR SOMETHING OF THAT SORT... i DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO OPEN UP THIS LAPTOP AND ATTEMPT TO FIX IT,,YES I KNOW I COULD TAKE IT TO A REPAIR PLACE AND HAVE IT FIXED, EXCEPT THAT WE ARE USING THIS THING FOUR NITES A WEEK... IS THERE POSSIBLY ANOTHER WAY TO GET AUDIO OUT ? ? WHAT IS THIS S/PDIF OUT PORT IS THERE A WAY TO GET AUDIO FROM THAT ?? THIS IS WHAT THE MANUAL SAYS..YOU CAN USE THIS PORT FOR S/PDIF(SONY/PHIPPIPS DIGITAL INTERFACE FORMAT) OUTPUT WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO CONNECT YOUR DVD-CAPABLE PC TO A DOLBY AC3 COMPATIBLE RECIEVER FOR "5.1" DTS SURROUND SOUND..THIS MIGHT AS WELL BE GREEK FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND IT..... HOW ABOUT IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN BUY AND PLUG INTO THE PC CARD SLOT TO GET AUDIO OUT.. ANY HELP SURE WOULD BE APPRICIATED.. THE LAPTOP IS OUT OF WARRANTY I GUESS ITS MORE THAN A YEAR OLD. ITS BEEN A WONDERFUL PIECE OF EQUIPMENT,, THANKS IN ADVANCE KEN

Beavis
March 14th, 2004, 07:22 PM
buy a USB external sound card. they are real cheap ! under $30 on ebay. they work great !

MTUSUPPORT
March 15th, 2004, 10:27 AM
As Beavis has stated I would purchase and External USB Sound Card.

The ones that I have used are the Sound Blaster Extigy, they work and sound great.

This connector is soldered to the motherboard in the laptop, so if this has come loose you might cause more damage by plugging cables in and out of it. I would not use this anymore.

Also the SPDIF Digital Output comes from the plug next to this, but you must have a Digital source that can decode the signal to beable to use that.

kenpattx
March 15th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Thank you Beavis, and thank you Bryan I have ordered the sound card...