PDA

View Full Version : Multiplex Problem

dlessnau
March 12th, 2004, 12:29 PM
I purchased and imported a new CDG. After importing I found it was in multiplex even though it was not supposed to be, since I do not buy multiplex discs.

At my show last night I tried to play it without the vocals, and just could not do it. I tried turning off the speaker with the vocals, but that sounds terrible.

I then unplugged the input into my mixer, and pluged the line without the vocals into the input marked "mono". This also, did not work as all the sound still came from the one speaker on the left.

Is there any way for me to play this on both speakers without the vocal?

I suggest that MTU make Hoster able to handle multiplex the same way my JVC player does, with a push of a button.

dlessnau
March 12th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Here is what I did. I bought a splitter cable. I plug the left channel from the computer, which has the music only, into the female end of the "one into two" splitter, and then I plug the two males into the right and left channels of my mixing board, and it comes from both speakers. I leave it plugged in, with just one of the two male ends plugged into the left channel, for normal play.

Then if I get a multiplex song, I unplug the right channel and plug in the remaining male, with the split left channel music, into that one. Only takes a second.

Of course, it would be better if this was incorporated into the Hoster program if at all possible.