PDA

View Full Version : Shut Down

ROBERT A ROGAN
March 12th, 2004, 08:00 AM
I Have been trying to use Hoster with my Karaoka Equipment,I Have No Problem with the set up, When I Open New select from HD.I select a Track,add to my play list and then play, I receive a message Hoster has detected a problem report to Microsoft. I send this message and the program shuts down. I have tried with no add on`s with the same result. One point the program for Holster appears to load in a very short time.

Ernie
March 12th, 2004, 10:38 AM
You need to take this to HOSTER HELP instead of MICROSTUDIO HELP.

MTUSUPPORT
March 12th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Robert,
This problem is related to your computer. What you will need to do is connect your computer to the Internet, click the Start Menu, Windows Update.

When this page comes up, click Scan for Updates. Make sure that you INSTALL ALL of the Updates. Not just the critical updates, but all of them.

Then try it again and see if it will then work.

ROBERT A ROGAN
March 12th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Bryan thanks for your comment.Carried out search for upgrade`s and was informed none required,anyway used the system to upgrade 2 for windows XP. will restart my System and see what happens
Bob

ROBERT A ROGAN
March 12th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Bryan No Change. As I have said the Hoster program installs to fast for the size of the program.
Bob

George
March 12th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Robert

Have you tried uninstalling, downloading, and starting fresh?

Maybe it's corrupted.

If you do that, and still have the problem, then it would appear there's a system conflict of some kind, hardware accelerators perhaps.

George

gduns - with the Lord
March 12th, 2004, 07:50 PM
go to your command window, and run dxdiag and post the results file here it will give us something to work with.

Pooldoo
March 12th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Hoster was running on my system. Did not use it for a while, started having the same problem. When I load a hd file, it starts , to load then I get an error, don't report it, then Hoster shuts down. All upgrades are done. I have tried to uninstall reboot and reinstall with no success.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: eMachines. Inc.
System Model: M5300 Series.
BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0
Processor: Mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 448MB RAM
Page File: 167MB used, 890MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode

Pooldoo
March 14th, 2004, 03:09 AM
Formated drive and Reloaded Windows. Hoster works again.

ROBERT A ROGAN
March 14th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Pooldoo many thanks for your comments.As I am not fully conversant with computors, how does one format a drive and re install windows. Also will I loose all my information in my computor which has 60GBs of music as well as my karaoka,and othe information totaling 120GBs.
Bob

Beavis
March 14th, 2004, 07:05 AM
you better back up your .kma's to an external hard drive !!! re-installing windows is easy if you have the windows cd. make sure you go get all the updates from microsoft......and theres alot to get when you start fresh.

gduns - with the Lord
March 15th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Invest in Norton Ghost 2003. You can make a Hard drive image of a working system drive, once you get everything working properly. To a cd or cd's and You and reimage your hard drive at any time to a good working one in 10 minutes.

It will save you hours of rebuilding a hard drive. I use it to back mine once a week. If you only keep the operating system and programs on the C: Drive. you can reimage off of a single dvd in 5-15 minutes. Real good insurance.

ROBERT A ROGAN
March 19th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Beavis

have reformated C Drive, and re installed XP & Hoster. How do I reinstate my karaoke play lists?

regards

Beavis
March 19th, 2004, 12:07 PM
did you save them to an external hard drive or are you running an external hard drive as your .kma storage ??

if you have the .kam's stored on your internal hard drive then drag and drop them back to the file where you stored them before on your internal hard drive.

then go into hoster and rebuild data base.

ROBERT A ROGAN
March 19th, 2004, 12:18 PM
gduns,

due to the problem I had, gave the Computor to a friend to repair. I have got it back but cannot use Hoster. As I understand the Hoster Program is on C Drive but my CDG are on F drive. all my kms files are showing when I check Karaoke, But am unable to select from my Hard Drive to add to my play list. Any Ideas.

Regards Bob

Beavis
March 19th, 2004, 01:43 PM
you need to drag and drop those karaoke files to your c drive or rebuild the database to the f drive.

gduns - with the Lord
March 19th, 2004, 05:19 PM
YOU NEED TO REBUILD SONG DATABASE.

IF YOU ARE USING THE NEW VERSION IT IS UNDER TOOLS.

IF YOU ARE USING AN OLDER VERSION ....... I DONT REMEMBER WHERE IT IS BUT IT WORKS THE SAME.

YOU HAVE TO TELL IT WHERE YOUR .KMA FILES ARE LOCATED, AND WHERE THE HOSTER/DATABASE DIRECTORY IS....... IN THE PROGRAM DIRECTORY.

THEN IT SHOULD WORK.

ROBERT A ROGAN
March 19th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Gduns.
thanks for your help, not being very bright at computors, I managed with your help to get it working. the friend who cleared my original fault had not done this set up. while I`m here do I need to get all the upgrades for my systen now

Garry A. Leslie
March 20th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Hello R.A.R.
Some would argue that it isn't neccessary to download all XP updates. I would agree with this.
I would, however, certainly download all CRITICAL updates and anything to do with system drivers, windows media player and directX
Just like MTU they are ironing out bugs and adding fixes to make things run smoother
Regards from across the pond
Garry

Stillwater
March 22nd, 2004, 02:45 PM
I have been experiencing the same problem since I got Hoster in January. Sometimes I get a messsage and other times hoster just closes as soon as I hit play. I reported this a month ago with no resolution
The problem happened 3 or 4 times last Friday. Even though the screen saver never kicked in, later in the evening I disabled it and after that the program didn't crash once. I am using XP home on a Dell Inspiron 5100 notebook.
I will be using Hoster next Friday. I will let you know how it goes.

MTUSUPPORT
March 29th, 2004, 04:15 PM
The screen saver can cause lots of problems. Please make sure that it never turns on while Hoster is up and running. Make sure that if you have it enabled, that it is set to a long enough delay not to come on while using Hoster.

This could be part of the problem.

Beavis
March 29th, 2004, 07:30 PM
i think its a case of someone installing hoster on a computer that has had alot of programs installed & uninstalled. maybe even a bunch of spyware on the computer.

get ad-aware and see whats on your computer thats not suppose to be !

just a thought!

gduns - with the Lord
April 7th, 2004, 11:03 AM
To All,
I have just finished rebuilding a computer, and loaded windows xp and the drivers. direct x 9.0b etc. then hoster. I played arouhd with hoster, and was having problems.

My video was even having some problems. Then I did all the windows updates, and the problems went away. I consider this a must.

Then next thing is read the manual front to back. It has a lot of useful information in it you would not know without seeing it.

One of the biggest helps is in the manual...... where it tells you to set your pagefile with the min size, and the max size to match. This will save you a lot of headaches. also keep it as small as you can get by with and still work. But do not turn off pagefile.

I am running 1.5gig of ram, and have mine set to 256 mg min and 256 meg max.
On my laptop it only has 512 meg of ram and I set it the same. it works a lot better at that.

above all READ THE MANUAL