PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to My database?

S. Parks
March 11th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Holy Cow! I was just in the process of importing the last of my disc into the new version of hoster, and I had a bad thing happen. I clicked on the back up data base tab on the import tracks screen, and when I went to the play tab to play my songs, none of them would show up. It was as though I had not imported anything. So then I went back to the import tab, and clicked on the build song data base tab, and my songs then came back. Well all was well again for a few minutes. I played a few of the newly imported stuff from the play tab, and then proceeded to import some more. When I back up data base, bam! The same thing happened again. After about the third time of going through this, now Hoster cant find my KMA files at all. They are all still there on the external hard drive, but hoster cant find them. Any thoughts anyone?

S. Parks
March 12th, 2004, 08:57 AM
What a goof! somehow I managed to change the detination where the KMA's were being imported, so when I rebuit the data base, only tose few files that I had just imported to the new location showed up. Still not sure how that inadvertantly got changed, but all is well now.