PDA

View Full Version : kpro 4.103

wb6bna
March 11th, 2004, 02:35 PM
I have a desktop that uses two (2) hard drives with different op systems installed. I use a op loader to separate the two drives. I have kpro installed on one which I cannot get internet explorer 6.0 to download and install on. The second one was able to install ie6 okay. My kpro 4.103 is installed on the first hard drive but will not work or install on the 2nd drive because it tells me that I have downloaded the program on a different computer with a different macid id. How do I get the program to work on the 2nd hard drive? I also have the same problem with the new keyrite and microstudio which will not download or install on the second drive for the same reason. Right now all I can use are khpro 3.1 and microstudio 2.4 and keyrite 1.302. I am tired of paying for additional upgrades that I have already paid for.
Can someone please help. Thank you very much. Alan

gduns - with the Lord
March 11th, 2004, 05:06 PM
make sure you have the driver for the ethernet card installed for the operating system you are trying to use it on.

I have 2 cloned hard drives I use for backup on my computer, and they will work off of either hard drive. if you don't have the ethernet driver for that os installed it won't see the card and will think it is on a diffrent machine.

that may be why you can't get IE 6 to work on that drive.

wb6bna
March 11th, 2004, 09:42 PM
My ethernet works on either drive. I am networked between my wife's computer and mine and have a router connected to mine via usb and my wifes using the ethernet card for dsl. I use the built in network card for my lan and my wife has two ethernet cards installed one for the router and one to connect to me. I installed the program on this computer using an independent card and then removed it an use the lan onboard which uses a different macid id. Unfortunately the registration process keeps telling me that I am already registered using a different macid id and won't let me install the program on both drives. Kinda discouraging.

gduns - with the Lord
March 12th, 2004, 07:30 AM
The ethernet card that you had in the computer when you installed the programs is what the programs are looking at for the serial number. they will only work on the machine with that ethernet card on it.

you must put that card back in that machine for it to work.

they did that so you could put it on more than 1 machine and move a usb internet adapter to make it work on more than 1 machine.

wb6bna
March 12th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Thank you very much for the info. I realize that this is why they did it and unfortunately I have 7 computers which all use ethernet cards and I really do not know which board has the card in it. I still feel that if I purchased the program I should be able to re-install it without all this problem. They said that they changed the install methods so that people without ethernet cards would not need them. I still don't know what the problem is. There should be another way to do this so that I would not have to pay additional cost to be able to work my own paid for programs. There are many programs that do not use these macid id's for their installation. I am not sure how they identify the machine, but they give error messages that this is not the computer it was originally installed on? I paid an additional $15 for an upgrade that I already paid for an I still can't install it because of the same problem. I believe it is Keyrite. At this point in time I have kpro 4.103 on one hard drive and Microstudio 2.400 on another and Keyrite 1.302 on one or both of them. I cannot install the updates I paid for on both. Not real happy about this, especially since I have been a good and loyal customer for a few years now...

gduns - with the Lord
March 12th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Well, Now if you have the upgrade, I don't think you need the ethernet card anymore. But you do need to be online to install it. I really don't know how the new install works. if you use your old number or get a new install number with it. I'll have to sit back, and let MTU Support help with this one.

wb6bna
March 12th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Even if you have the upgrade it will still you that the program has been installed on a different computer with a different macid id.