PDA

View Full Version : Files won't copy

stringer
March 10th, 2004, 07:50 AM
I recently reported that many newly imported files wouldn't start playing right away. They would just sit there with CUE on the screen for anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes. If I clicked on anything while this was happening, my computer locked up and I would have to re-boot. Admin asked me to send a copy of one of these files, but when I tried to attach one to an e-mail it wouldn't copy it. I just tried to back up my .kma files to an external hard drive and some files wouldn't copy. They proved to be the files that were having the problem getting started playing. This led me to the discovery that I even had a couple of files that were imported a year ago that also got stuck. I didn't know about these because nobody had ever requested those songs.

stringer
March 10th, 2004, 08:07 AM
I forgot to mention that when a file wouldn't copy to the external hard drive, this message popped up: cyclic redundancy check.

MTUSUPPORT
March 11th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Stringer,
This is bad. What you need to do is get a new hard drive as fast as you can and make a backup of these files. This hard drive that you are using that is giving you the Cyclic Redundency Check (CRC) failure is dying. This is why you are having problems.

You might even be to the point where you won't beable to get all of your .kma files off of this drive.

Beavis
March 11th, 2004, 10:16 AM
external hard drive = problems !!

they are only good for storing files for backups !