PDA

View Full Version : Hoster audio drops out

bperry
March 9th, 2004, 07:34 PM
:m Sorry for mistakes. this is my first time.
I first compressed about 30 songs last week at 128k, and they played back good. I have since compressed about 1200
songs and the AUDIO drops out on playback. Could Someone
Please Help . I Have Gone Thru The Hoster Manual "Trouble
Shooting" Already
Thank You,
BoB Perry

Beavis
March 9th, 2004, 07:59 PM
go get all the windows updates.

go to your video cards Manufacturer and get their update for there hardware.

this is a place to start

its always good to have a fresh copy of windows installed on your computer. if you are using a computer from a previous application, there are tons of programs installed and uninstalled. so having a fresh formatted hard drive is the best.

you can still do this even though you imported all your songs. just transfer the .kma folder to a external hard drive or network to another computer. as long as you have your .kma's you are good to go. when you reinstall hoster just transfer the folder back to the new computer and rebuild the database.

hope i was clear enuff!

bperry
March 10th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Thankyou For Ofering Help! Hope In Future I Can HELP You And
Others . I will follow your suggestions and get back to you on
" forum "
Thanx Again Beavis,
bperry

gduns - with the Lord
March 10th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Another thing that will help I would try a defrag on that drive.
Also If you have less than 512meg of memory to me that is a minimum.

Beavis
March 10th, 2004, 07:29 AM
i have been running flawlessly with 224mb memory. (fresh install)

gduns - with the Lord
March 10th, 2004, 07:35 AM
You're lucky dude. or possibly you don't use any background programs. and all systems don't respond and use the resources the same. I am having to run 1.5 gig to avoid audio drops. but I am running diskjuggler, and a database in the background while Kj'ing. also windows 2000 doesn't seem to be as finiky as xp on this problem. My win 2000 machine works great with only 512 meg. go figure.......

bperry
March 10th, 2004, 08:17 AM
BEAVIS,
I took your suggetions and stumbled on my AUDIO DROPOUT
problem with KMA'S. somehow in the last week i must have
clicked the " unload multidesk " in my ATI hydrovision settup.
(the purple icon with the letter 1 in it has been showing in bottom rt. corner of desktop screen since ) SO, i went into
the ATI SETTUP and clicked '' " LOAD MULTIDESK " " and that
was my dropout problem.
THANX AGAIN BEAVIS
and also thanks to " GDUNS ". I just saw you're
thread when i was learning to reply to BEAVIS.
I HAD JUST DEFRAGGED LAST WEEK AND I AM
GETTING MORE RAM TO GET TO 512. however
now my audio dropout problem is fixed.
MAYBE THIS " THREAD " CAN HELP SOMEONE ELSE !!!
Email : bperry13357@yahoo.com

Beavis
March 10th, 2004, 10:45 AM
:) :) :) :)

anytime!

kedmison
May 10th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I have noticed (at least with me) that the last two upgrades of Hoster have caused an audio drop about 6 out ten times each time while someone is singing and I go to ADD HD track. (basically adding another song to the play list). It causes the current song to stumble. I have gone back through and tried every remedy suggested in the manual. But I also noticed it had never happened until the last 2 upgrades. Is this problem being corrected in the new update? Only problem I am currently having.

Thanks,

Kelly

Loyal MTU user.:g

admin
May 10th, 2004, 03:17 PM
In our beta version of Hoster 2.205, we are confident that our problem has been in the Windows Threads priority settings. We have let Windows automatically set these from day-one. However, with the addition of the Keyrite Pro, new Search dialog box, Import CD Track, and Compressor/Limitor we have overdone what Windows can handle.

We should be back on Hoster 2.206 this week to document all Threads (17 at one time playing! :e), and start analyzing their priorities. We hope to get a beta out for testing this weekend.

This is a VERY HIGH priority for us to solve ASAP. :w