PDA

View Full Version : reg no

sjmcentee
March 6th, 2004, 12:23 PM
I installed Hoster all all files seemed to have loaded properly when I try to run the programe I get ...Message!

Your serial number does not match your regestration information.
Please reinstall hoster and try again.
I have un-installed and reinstalled about 10 times but still no luck.

George
March 6th, 2004, 02:00 PM
This sounds like ground you've already covered, but the most common causes of this error message is information that does not jibe at the time of installation with the information given at the time of purchase, or the registration number being entered incorrectly. They must agree.

Suggest copy and paste where the email and registration number are concerned.

The email address entered must match the email address in the download email from MTU. This sounds like "why wouldn't it?", but you'd be surprised at how many times an erronious email was given due to a typo at the time of purchase.

We've even seen cases where a product was ordered from work, and that email address given, then the home one used to try to install...won't work.

Use the email address shown in the download email from MTU, even if MTU made the error. They must agree.

Hope it turns out this simple for you, if not, something's glitched. I'd then try a new download.

If that doesn't do it, then it may take assistance from MTU, but bear in mind they are as human as we, and do take weekends for R&R. Just telling you that to keep the frustration level down in case you have to wait for support:)

Take care,

George

Beavis
March 6th, 2004, 04:07 PM
you need to un-bridge your network connection !

MTUSUPPORT
March 8th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Did you get the program installed and running correctly?

sjmcentee
March 8th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Nope I believe it has something to do with this thread.

Hoster 2.122 installs but shows "Serial Number mismatch" error and won't run
On Wednesday, February 11, 2004 we started LIMITED sales of upgrade to Hoster 2.122. However, we discovered a problem with our web database approval script.

If your Hoster Original Serial Number starts with a "T" like: T0002186... when you install and try to run Hoster, it will report "Serial Number does not match." We can fix this problem at our web site, and do not think we need to replace your Hoster version.

If you have Hoster 2.122 and experience this "Serial Number..." problem, please click the Post Reply button with this Thread open and type anything such as "I'm having the problem." Then, when we post we have fixed the problem, everyone in this Thread is automatically notified. We will be working on this today, Thursday February 12, 2004. This is the most efficient way to reach you.

If you have not been contacted by MTU to order this upgrade, please do not ask us for it. We are trying to limit the number of people who may experience a problem. When we are ready, we will send an email to everyone who currently owns Hoster 2.0xx.

MTUSUPPORT
March 8th, 2004, 03:14 PM
What you need to do is go back into your original download email and reclick on the link to download the latest version that fixed this. This is version 2.124.

Once you have downloaded this try installing again and it will then work.

sjmcentee
March 9th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Allready done that mt8y same version downloads 2.014.
From original link.

MTUSUPPORT
March 9th, 2004, 09:56 AM
The reason that you are not able to install is because your codes for your software have been disabled.

I just took a look into your records and it shows that a chargeback has been filed for the orders with the Credit Card company. Thus, we disabled them. You can contact Dave@mtu.com to clarify what happened if you would like, but this is the reason your software will not run.