PDA

View Full Version : Installation

RickyTicky
March 4th, 2004, 07:30 PM
When I load hoster from my disk or mtu site, it looks normal however when i try to load any material it show's "jeterr35.hlpfile". The program does not display the songs associated to the disk.....read disk does not bring it up. Detect drives shows yes to audio & Karaoke.

MTUSUPPORT
March 8th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Please try reinstalling the program using the Repair method. Then reboot the computer and let us know if this fixes the problem.

MTUSUPPORT
March 9th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Can you tell me exactly what you are doing step by step when you recieve this error message?

RickyTicky
March 11th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by MTUSUPPORT
Can you tell me exactly what you are doing step by step when you recieve this error message?
Initially,I used the disk.......I then started using the link.....1. I download the link. Save it to desktop. The progam suggests I remove old program, and I do. 2. I open Hoster 2125......I enter email address & paste the id.....it goes thru its process and asks to reboot.......I open the program and it ask if I want to build a data base.....and asks where. I have a 80gb in a sidecar E:I initially tried to put it there and it came up with : cannot find jetterr35hlpfile (not exactly and a few other errors on occasion) would you like to try and find it yourself? I say no. It returns with Sorry Hoster cannot open...and closes.

I went through the process just now and tried changing the database location to C: (a Factory loaded 40 gig) this time. The process determined that the data base had been loaded succesfully. I thought I solved the problem. I placed a cdg in the reader and tried to load it, however the song list did not come up like my other two machines. I tried "read disk"...nothing. Detect drives, once again displayed that everything was ok (aduio & Karaoke)?? HOpefully I was able to explain the process effectively.

I was thinking if I loaded my HOster 2.013 disk, and you then give me an upgrade. My two other machines seem fine with the upgrade. Possible, or not.

Rick

gduns - with the Lord
March 11th, 2004, 04:58 PM
pick tools........rebuild database.

set the folder where your karaoke files.

set the folder where your songs.mdb will be c:\program files\microtech...\hoster\databases\

then if you have any karaoke files in that directory tell it to rebuild.

otherwise you close that, and then import your songs.

hope this helps.