PDA

View Full Version : back-up database

tread
March 1st, 2004, 07:12 AM
back up database not successful.
This is the error I keep getting..Why?
I've went in and deleted the songs from the drives and reinstalled them through backup and it accepts it, but still ends with backup unsuccessful.
Now when I try to install new discs, it returns to disc 69, which is already in the system.
What have I done, ya'll?
yep, I'm a new user!
thanks, tread

MTUSUPPORT
March 1st, 2004, 01:00 PM
Have you checked to make sure the file is not set as Read only?

I have never had any other client that has had this problem. I am not sure what would have caused this to happen on your computer.

tread
March 1st, 2004, 01:07 PM
okay, so if I keep importing discs and manually inserting the book ID, will it send the information to the books?
What can I do to "fix" my database backup?
How can I be SURE that all these songs will show up in the creation of new songbooks?

tread
March 1st, 2004, 01:16 PM
yes, I did check the read only command, and no it's not checked.

MTUSUPPORT
March 1st, 2004, 04:16 PM
I am at a loss as to what would cause this, unless the drive that you are trying to write your songs.mdb file to is read only or a CD-Rom or CD-Recorder drive.

This is saying that it is trying to write the songs_backup.mdb file on the C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases folder and for some reason it is not allowed to.

Another thing that you can try is to completely remove Hoster, Reboot the computer and then Reload it.

If you are showing BookID 69, then it is saying that these .kma files that were imported with this BookID have been removed.

tread
March 1st, 2004, 05:38 PM
This is true! I did delete that disc, because all the song listings were wrong. I then re-imported it to the same #. Is that causing the problem?
Also, with this said... I am importing lots more discs and directing the Book ID manually, and they are showing up on my playlist directory.
So...... will they sho up in the book when I create it?
As long as I can get them all in.. I really don't care...
I have got to get some books created really, really soon!
In the last month, I've put in over 4000 new songs, but nobody knows they're here. By the time I get the books created, they'll be old songs.....

Now....The read only check box:
When I go in and "uncheck" the box, then hit Apply. It accepts it.. THEN, I can open it right back up, and it the box is checked again! ?>???? Does anybody have a clue why?
FYI:
Allsongs are showing up in G drive (external hardrive used just for Karaoke songs) and all are being found in Book ID for the playlist... Just will not backup database.