PDA

View Full Version : Possible Bug in latest vesion

djmadmaxx
February 29th, 2004, 02:07 PM
everthing seems to work just fine in the new version of hoster, but i've had one minor problem. if i start and restart a song it kills my dual display. the only way to get it back is by rebooting the computer.
I have a P4 2.53 ghz processor
1 gig ram
radeon 7500 128 mb dual dispay card

mikedomi
February 29th, 2004, 03:34 PM
you are the first one that i know of to have this problem
will look at past post in beta testers forum to see if i can find any thing for you

admin
February 29th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by djmadmaxx
everthing seems to work just fine in the new version of hoster, but i've had one minor problem. if i start and restart a song it kills my dual display. the only way to get it back is by rebooting the computer.
I have a P4 2.53 ghz processor
1 gig ram
radeon 7500 128 mb dual dispay card

Please give us exactly what you do... what buttons you click, etc. to create this problem. Have you shut Hoster and your computer down and seen the crash after that also?

If we can duplicate it, then it definitely is a bug and will be fixed. If we cannot duplicate it, it may be something related to your specific installation that we need to diagnose and try to create a way to overcome it.

djmadmaxx
February 29th, 2004, 05:23 PM
on 2 occasions i have had to start and restart a song(twice) at a singers request using the "start/stop" commands.. both times the singers diplay turned off. restarting hoster has no effect. I reboot the computer and it goes back to normal.

George
February 29th, 2004, 07:36 PM
ADMIN:

Could not duplicate the problem here. Kept clicking back and forth between play and stop several times, both in auto and manual play with no negative effect.

George

MTUSUPPORT
March 8th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Make sure that you have all the Windows Updates done on your computer. Expecially any drivers for the Radeon 7500 video card.

Click the Start Menu\Windows Update while connected online. Then click the Scan for Updates. Make sure to select all the updates that are located on the left hand side under Windows and Drivers for sure.

djmadmaxx
March 8th, 2004, 01:28 PM
all updates are there, actually it's a radeon 9000. this has a clean install of windows xp pro and all the service packs and all updates. I tested it again yesterday, if i start and stop a song, on the 4th time it kills the singers display

MTUSUPPORT
March 8th, 2004, 01:56 PM
DJmadmax,
I just tried this on one of our shipping computers using Hoster 2.124 and a Radeon 9200. It is working fine for me.

What I did was selected about 8 songs in my playlist. I then clicked Play on the First Song. Allowed the song to Play for 15 seconds, till the lyrics were showing. I then clicked Stop. I then clicked Play again almost within a Second of clicking stop.

I did this about 10 times, and it didn't mess up on me at all. This was with the computer hooked up in Dual Display mode with a TV connected by the SVIDEO cable.

mlepine
March 8th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by djmadmaxx
all updates are there, actually it's a radeon 9000. this has a clean install of windows xp pro and all the service packs and all updates. I tested it again yesterday, if i start and stop a song, on the 4th time it kills the singers display

Are you sure you have the video driver from the ATI website & not from Windows Update?

The latest Catalyst driver for XP is ver. 4.2 (Bottom left on ATI Web Page www.ati.com)

Video & Audio driver should always come from the manufactures site NOT WINDOWS

Good Luck

MTUSUPPORT
March 8th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Mlepine is correct. I just called ATI about this and that is what they told me.

djmadmaxx
March 8th, 2004, 03:39 PM
i'll install that tonight and let you know tomorrow

djmadmaxx
March 9th, 2004, 11:20 AM
well, it looks like that did the trick. i tried stopping and starting a song a dozen times and it worked just fine. it must have been the driver update from windows update..because it worked fine before i updated. thanks for all the help.

MTUSUPPORT
March 9th, 2004, 12:07 PM
I guess we all learned something from Mlepine here. Thanks Mlepine.

Glad you got it working now.

mlepine
March 9th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks & we're all here to help each other?

In fact, the only driver I would still recommend from the Windows website would be the audio for in board motherboard that would be using C-Media. I had MAJOR problems with the creative drivers at the Windows site in the past, the computer would just crash after the reboot!! Happen with SB Live & SB PC128

Regards