PDA

View Full Version : Update-Need Help.!!

johnocolin
February 29th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Hi,
i´ve just recently upgraded to 2.124 from 2.014.Everything was working great with 2.014.Now however all my songs are out of Sync.The Lyrics are slower than the music.
this is a disaster as i have a gig in 2 weeks time.What has happened.

And what has happened to the DISPLAY section in 2.014.This would have been an excellent improvement to Hoster now i feel like it´s taken a step backwards not forwards.

I chose this software over Sax & Dottys(Only 35 Dollars!) thinking it would be better but now i´m beginning to wonder.The 50 Dollar update only incorporates things which should have been standard features Hoster long ago!!.simple things like renaming Songs without having to reimport tracks or getting hold of MS Access:

:-(. Help!!)

admin
February 29th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Read this FAQ (http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=33&c=5) if you have an NVidia graphic chip in your computer. Post back here if this applies or helped you so MTUSUPPORT will know your situation. At worse, you can go back to 2.014 for your upcoming shows. However, we want to solve your problem now.

We are migrating from the "Tab" structure we have had, and use Tools Menu commands with dialog boxes for functions such as Display controls. That is why we removed the Display Tab.

We would appreciate hearing what you specifically want for "display" controls. Let us know. This will be in the next 2.2 or 2.3 release, which will come fast. We start beta testing 2.2 first upgrades this week. These will be free upgrades to 2.1 owners as yourself.

We had to do some "under the hood" upgrades in 2.1 to prepare for future changes, such as playing WMA (audio CD imported songs with a new wma database and songbook printing), playing MP3, import/play VCD & DVD, and play MP3+G. :g

Our Corporate focus is to continue improving Hoster(tm) as The Tool for Professionals.

George
February 29th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Under the TOOLS menu in the Hoster Manual there is an explanation regarding the use of the PLAYBACK OFFSET button found under the TOOLS tab in the program.

This may take care of your sweep problem.

Regarding the DISPLAY section, it is my understanding that the page was temporarily removed to prevent confusion on the users part, because those features were inoperative, but will become a part of the program at some future date.

If I have that wrong, hopefully MTU will jump in and correct me.

Hope this helps.

George

johnocolin
February 29th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Thank Goodness!

It would appear i owe an apology.I flew of the handle knocking Hoster for something which appears to have been my fault.Not having read all the HELP menu properly.
As it would appear the Playback Offset was set to 1Second which threw everything off.So....i´m Sorry!.
As regards to the DISPLAY,i think everyone has already expressed the desire to display the list of Singers/Songs next up.But being able to incorporate my own adverts between songs or indeed pictures/photos of previous shows/singers would be very advantageous.
Keep up the good work!

George
February 29th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Glad that nailed it for you..:)

Take care,

George