PDA

View Full Version : Hoster Crash computer during importing

myautigirl
February 24th, 2004, 10:00 PM
HI, We restore the laptop because hoster was crashing while importing tracks. Thought maybe it had something to do with the computer itself. Now that the computer is back up and running, while importing tracks, it freezes up and shuts the computer right down. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Thanks,
Shelley

mindonstrike
February 25th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Myautigirl has it done this from day 1 or did it just start? Do you get error messages when it happens and what do they say? Does it record whats going on in the event log?

Every once in a while I get a NT AUTHORITY shut down notice with an error code of 128 (if memory serves) , while I'm importing, according to Microsoft that code indicates a problem with the registry. It hasn't happened again since I ran the Windows repair, but it was somewhat intermittant to start with.

Sam

MTUSUPPORT
February 25th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Myautygirl,
Have you hooked your laptop up to the Internet and run all of the Windows Updates?

I would say that the problem is still an issue with the system, the software will not do this on a correctly running computer system.

If you haven't done all of the Windows Updates you can do so by clicking on the Start Menu, Windows Update and running the program. I make sure that you have all of the updates installed, if not get the ones that it shows that your system needs.

dpreeves
February 25th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Have gotten the Hoster upgrade installed, all Windows drives updated, and am also experiencing a shutdown trying to add tracks from hard drive or cd. When selecting track to import, and clicking add, I get the message that Hoster has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. Thanks

myautigirl
February 25th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Thank you Bryan and Sam for your responses to my question. We are going in to get the upgrade on Hoster and also downloading windows updates. We are thinking maybe the laptop is getting too warm, it is used constantly all day long and only because we are putting songs in day and night. Thanks again for your help!!
Shelley

MTUSUPPORT
February 26th, 2004, 11:04 AM
MyAutigirl,
The heat on the laptop could definelty cause this problem.

What you might want to do is place a small fan near the air intake on the Laptop, this could help to cool it more.