PDA

View Full Version : Can I Just start over

crazycarl
February 23rd, 2004, 11:03 AM
I spent 4 weeks downloading 886 CDG discs into Hoster and I made many mistakes, Because I figured I could go back and fix them later, But I learned, That is not real easy in Hoster, some of the problem where discs not in data base I put in in Hoster and in the artist field I typed "Type later" so that that the book ID would be the same as my disc numbers. Also I had some VCD already numbered and Hoster doesn't do Vcd so I want to save that number for future use. So I typed in Future use to artist field. Figuring I could go back and delete that number and reuse it for a new disc. Not that easy. Now when I try to open Hoster I Get an error message that says
THE MICROSOFT JET DATABASE ENGINE CANNOT OPEN THE FILE C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO TECHNOLOGY UNLIMITED\HOSTER\DATABASES\SONGS.MDB. IT IS ALREADY OPENED EXCLUSIVELY BY ANOTHER USER, OR YOU NEED PERMISSION TO VEIW ITS DATA.
I am the only one on this computer. g_guns has been very helpful to me but I hate to waste his time. I am sure he has better things to do than babysit me and my buddy Hoster. Also there is another problem that is embarassing, I have a learning disability that makes reading the manuel and understanding nearly impossible.
After all this rambling, the question really is. Would I be Better Off just to delete hoster and the databases and just start over?crazycarl:?

Beavis
February 23rd, 2004, 02:49 PM
noooooo !!!

you cant delete certain songs using microsoft access !!

then you can re-import new songs using the numbers you deleted ! or rename the file in access !