PDA

View Full Version : Song search

Stillwater
February 22nd, 2004, 10:10 PM
I just loaded 250 disks so I am about ready to use hoster for a show. Question: How I do a search for a song when I know I have the same song copied 5 times with the same artist but from 5 different disks. I read a note that if you search by artist, it will only display one song but I can't get a drop down menue showing the different disks available when searching by "song". I select a song, then artist, but it only shows 1 disk.
What am I doing wrong?

nreel
February 22nd, 2004, 11:43 PM
Yes, this is a limitation of the database, at this time. In future releases, the database will use wildcards for partial matches and pull all listings as per search criteria.

Right now, what is happening is that the first Alpha listing is displayed and NO MORE.

i.e. BS-????? will display before SC-????? because B comes before S in the alphabet. So if you were looking for AMERICAN TRILOGY and you knew you had 5 listings from these Manufactures: Star Disc (SD), Sound Choice (SC), Top Tunes (TT), SunFly (SF), and Backstage (BS), your search would ONLY show the BACKSTAGE VERSION because, in this example, B is Alphabetically first.

I would prefer to use the Sound Choice version. However, the only way for me to find this version would be to have either the SONGS.MBD database open or another alternate database program, that I might use, running in the background.

Hope this helps in understanding what is happening and know that this has a HIGH PRIORITY on the list of Things-To-Improve.

Norm