PDA

View Full Version : can not get MICROSTUDIO 2103 to operate

jim taffe
March 11th, 2001, 04:23 PM
i have a problem getting microstudio to work .i have a plextor 12 speed,so writer is ok
THE PROBLEM is ...........
on the TAB"SELECT FOLDER" I HAVE C:\MY DOCUMENTS\but it still wont work. the problem i was having is my master disc will copy to hard drive(i think)at least it says it does but when i get instructed to insert CD.R to copy from hard drive,i do.
It then tells me RECORDING PREGAP then after 90 seconds or so,says RECORDING PREGAP FINISHED.
THATS IT.......
THE PROGRAM AT THIS STAGE HAS FROZE AND WONT LET ME FUNCTION MY PC AND I HAVE TO SWITCH OFF MAINS SUPPLY TO GET OPERATION AGAIN.can i point out,it must record something on the disc as you can see perhaps 2mm burned on the disc and the disc then is no use.
I was in touch with doug at mtu and he suggested to give a physical address to my hard drive,BUT i dont know how to do this. please PLEASE HELP.....

admin
March 11th, 2001, 06:38 PM
Please immediately upgrade to Microstudio V2.200 at: http://www.mtu.com/basics/download-sw.htm . This may solve your problem. If not, it is still more stable as bugs have been fixed that exist in V2.103. :w

Once you have downloade 2.2, please post here if you are still having your problems.

MTUSUPPORT
March 12th, 2001, 04:12 PM
Jim,
I have not seen this problem before. Have you updated your ASPI drivers? If not then, this could cause some unexplainable problems. Did you upgrade to V 2.2.0.0?

Let me know what you have tried.

Thanks,