PDA

View Full Version : plexwriter

trishldy
February 21st, 2004, 01:42 PM
I purchased a plexwriter 52/24/52 and the microstudio software and MTU discs. I have a Voco Pro Colt karaoke machine. I have burned cdg's using the mtu discs and my karaoke machine will not even attempt to read them. I have tried 8 different types of CDR's and finally got a Memorex 1x-16x and a Maxell 1x-16x to burn and beable to read in my karaoke machine. However, they do not make these anymore and for some reason when I bought the same disc's in larger burn size such as 40x or 48x my machine can't read them?????? I have called tech support and everyone else blames each other. I thought that is was the 1x-16x, I purchased some PNY Technologies that are 1x-16x and my karaoke machine will not read them. Can anyone give me some help as to why the maxell and memorex 1x-16 will read, but nothing else will. I called Voco Pro and they said this machine reads burnt cdg's. This is no cheap machine!!! I have spent over $300 in burner and cdg's with no progress. When I burn these discs I have tried burning at 4x, 6x, auto select. The memorex and maxell were burnt at 4x and 6x and works, but when I buy the same disc only in 40x or 48x and burn at 4x or 6x the machine can't read it.

I am very frustrated with the whole deal.

George
February 21st, 2004, 02:10 PM
Can't say for certain, but this could be one of those rare instances where the Karaoke player will not read DATA cdr's.

These rare machines require AUDIO cdr's.

I'm guessing that the Memorexes were probably AUDIO, not data, as they are very commonly stocked. I know the MTU are top of the line cdr's, but they are DATA, which works fine in 99% of the machines out there. I cannot use them in my Philips cdr/rw home deck, but have no problem with them in my Sony player.

Mitsui makes both DATA and AUDIO top of the line cdr's.

A shot in the dark, but a possibility.

George

I might add also that Plextor advised me that the higher speed drives will not write at 1X to any degree of satisfaction...wierd.

mlepine
February 27th, 2004, 09:19 PM
trishldy,

Is it working now? Did you do all your burning using Microstudio or different software?

I suggest you test with the same software, same speed on different brands.

I know on this point I have a different understanding than George of CDR Data versus Music CDR, what I learned was that music cdr are more expensive only because you're paying the copyrights to the artist.

A cdr that says DATA is the same with maybe less coating on it so is more sensitive to scratches.

If you wish to have a deeper burn I suggest you reduce your burning speed, 48X is great but will be more sensitive on some machine. If your cdr says certified 48x you might want to try 24x?

Let us know

George
February 27th, 2004, 09:53 PM
MLEPINE,

I NEVER SAID THAT WAS THE PROBLEM HERE, JUST A DISTINCT POSSIBILITY JUDGING FROM THE INPUT GIVEN.

I HAVE A PHILIPS HOME DUAL DECK CD RECORDER THAT WILL NOT READ OR RECORD DATA CD, AND THEY PIONEERED THE CD TECHNOLOGY.

OTHERS ON THE FORUM HAVE MENTIONED THE SAME THING..THEY OWN THEM ALSO.

JON ADDAMS ALSO CONFIRMED THAT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE THAT IS REAL.

IT IS IN THE CODING, NOT THE QUALITY. MITSUI, THE PREMIER CD MANUFACTURER MAKES TOP OF THE LINE CD/CDR IN BOTH FORMATS.

THAT IS MORE THAN JUST SOMETHING THAT I UNDEDRSTAND. IT IS A FACT THAT GOES FAR BEYOND SOME PERSONS OPINIONS ON WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS..

GEORGE