PDA

View Full Version : hoster will not import from cd correctly HELP

nemesis
February 21st, 2004, 01:06 PM
when i try to import a song into hoster to sing....it only plays the music NO GRAPHICS can any one help?

Garry A. Leslie
February 21st, 2004, 04:09 PM
Hi Nemesis
Noted your starting date so the obvious is the first to check.
Are you sure your CD player can read graphics? A lot can't.
Garry

nemesis
February 21st, 2004, 04:46 PM
yes....see the thing is .....it will play them in other progerms but not hoster ...so i'm stuck thinking its a hoster problem

mlepine
February 21st, 2004, 06:06 PM
We would need to know the brand?

If it's a Plextor it should work with any software from MTU but if it's another brand it doesn't mean it can't read cdg but, the driver is not installed in the MTU software.

Let us know...

Regards

nemesis
February 22nd, 2004, 02:49 AM
my drive is an asus cdr-5224a never had any problems until i installed hoster

mlepine
February 22nd, 2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by nemesis

I'm sure your drive could do a good job with cdg but the driver used in Microstudio & Hoster will not allow to detect your asus.

The latest driver used by MTU seems to be able to only detect the Plextor brand which is by the way the most reliable drive for cdg but NOT the only only one capable of reading cdg.

My believe is that they would like to be able to have more brands of burner capable of handling the cdg format but how they plan to make this possible? Only MTU can respond to that, but one thing for sure, they're missing potential new customers who already have a compatible cdg burner.

I'm sure they'll do something about it shorthly!!

Regards

admin
February 23rd, 2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by nemesis
The problem is this drive can read/write RAW DAO96 format to make an exact duplicate of a disc image, including CDG, but to my knowledge, it DOES NOT allow importing individual tracks. Thus, you can't use this drive.

mlepine is correct. There are several CDR drivers available in the world. We license one of them and have for close to a decade, instead of reinventing the wheel again. As a result of many upgrades in the driver code, we can now only support the Plextor drive, which is the only one we are aware of that fully supports the CDG format. We have sold EVERY CDR capable drive in the past, and they all today have problems, or won't import tracks at all.

You will need a Plextor drive for Hoster. Run Hoster, click the Tools menu, Detect Drives.... command. I am sure it will show that your dirve does NOT do Karaoke CDG. If this is the case, then I am correct; it is not answering back to our query as to whether it supports the commands to read/write CDG disc tracks, not entire disc images.

nemesis
February 23rd, 2004, 07:54 PM
answers to both read and write is yes in hoster that is why i don't understand why it is not working

nemesis
February 23rd, 2004, 08:54 PM
ok guys i bought a Plextor PlexWriter 48/24/48A
and i still have the same problems....now what?

George
February 23rd, 2004, 09:58 PM
Which version of Hoster do you have?

nemesis
February 24th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Hoster v2.014

George
February 24th, 2004, 08:26 AM
NEMESIS,

Far too much missing info here.

How long have you had the program ?

Did it ever work ?

What is your Operating System ?

What Video card and card memory ?

How much pc memory ?

What type CPU and speed ?

What hardware accellerator settings are you using ?

We need as much info to go on as we can get.

Something else to consider:

If, after reading all the major improvements in version 2.124 over 2014, are you going to want to upgrade anyway ? Here's the link to product features.

http://www.mtu.com/support/hoster-versions.htm

If so, you might as well just go ahead and do it.
Take care,

George

nemesis
February 24th, 2004, 09:37 AM
less than 30 days

no

windows xp

nvidia gforce4 8x 128mb

512mb

1.83 ghz

default settings

no i'm probly not going to upgrade.....because it seems to me that i have already wasted my money getting it the first time

and now you are telling me i purchased an already outdated verison of hoster......All i know is the drive i had in the first place worked very well with all the other programs i have (reading writing and extraction).

George
February 24th, 2004, 10:15 AM
"When we add major new features and change from 2.5 to 2.6, there will be an upgrade charge if released beyond 30 days from the day you order. For example, if you purchase a 2.517 version and within 30 days we release 2.600 version, we will give you a free upgrade to the 2.6 version."

The above was copied from the MTU website dealing with upgrades. Are you sure you won't want to upgrade?

and now you are telling me i purchased an already outdated verison of hoster.....

I hope you realize that the last PC you bought was outdated before you got it home. That's the nature of the industry.

Take care,

George

mlepine
February 24th, 2004, 10:54 AM
I don't have Hoster but now with the Plextor it has to work??

Your other drive in my opinion is a very good burner capable of handling extraction of CDG but that's another issue and Admin gave a very good explanation. I do believe it is capable of extracting individual track with a different driver or mode.

Now that you have a compatible drive with Hoster we need to get you running with your existing version. It's your own call to upgrade or not & the fact that you're not able to run with all the proper equipment is just normal for you not wanting to upgrade at the moment.

I'm sure someone more qualify than me will help you run Hoster properly, just hang on!

Regards

MTUSUPPORT
February 24th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Nemesis,
Have you run all of the Windows Updates? Expecially getting any Driver updates for your system, including for your Nvidia video card.

What do you see when you click Play? Do you see the black play window come up at all, but without the Lyrics or graphics?

George
February 24th, 2004, 11:34 AM
MLEPINE SAID:

Now that you have a compatible drive with Hoster we need to get you running with your existing version. It's your own call to upgrade or not & the fact that you're not able to run with all the proper equipment is just normal for you not wanting to upgrade at the moment.

Assuming the 30 day upgrade rule applies to Hoster as it does to the rest of the product portfolio, your advice then is that NEMESIS pass on the free upgrade which in addition to the improved features could also possibly put an end to the problem ???
George

mlepine
February 24th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Didn't think of that!!

He should go ahead with the upgrade with in the 30 day period, I would!!

Regards

nemesis
February 24th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by MTUSUPPORT
Nemesis,
Have you run all of the Windows Updates? Expecially getting any Driver updates for your system, including for your Nvidia video card.

What do you see when you click Play? Do you see the black play window come up at all, but without the Lyrics or graphics?

it only shows a blue screen....and flashes of yellow every once and a while

MTUSUPPORT
February 24th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I would say this is your DirectX and your Video drivers that need to be updated. Please run the Windows Updates as I stated in the above post, and this should fix your problems.

gduns - with the Lord
February 25th, 2004, 02:23 PM
this may be a dumb question, but have you tried reimporting the songs with the plextor, and playing them.

if you are playing tracks you imported with the asus drive they will never show graphics till you reimport them with the plextor.

Stillwater
February 25th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I have the same version of Hoster with a MTU supplies plextor drive and it works fine using windows XP home. Make sure windows is seeing this drive and make sure you set hoster use this drive as default. Upgrading hoster will not solve this problem. I have found a couple of other problems in this version of hoster but it works fine with these drives. In other words, if it works with windows, it should work with hoster.

George
February 25th, 2004, 05:19 PM
EVERYBODY SEEMS TO BE MISSING THE POINT REGARDING THE UPGRADE TO HOSTER 2.124.

IF AS HE SAYS, NEMESIS HAS PURCHASED 2.014 WITHIN THE LAST 30 DAYS, WHETHER AN UPGRADE SOLVES THE PROBLEM OR NOT, HE'S ENTITLED TO IT FREE ACCORDING TO MTU'S PUBLISHED GUIDELINES QUOTED BELOW, AND THE CLOCK IS TICKING.

IF THE PROBLEM CARRIES OVER TO 2.124, SO WHAT? HE'S STILL FURTHER AHEAD, AND CAN GET IT WORKING WITH AN IMPROVED VERSION...

"When we add major new features and change from 2.5 to 2.6, there will be an upgrade charge if released beyond 30 days from the day you order. For example, if you purchase a 2.517 version and within 30 days we release 2.600 version, we will give you a free upgrade to the 2.6 version."

THAT SAID, I'M OUTA HERE.

GEORGE

mlepine
February 25th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Quote by George:

IF AS HE SAYS, NEMESIS HAS PURCHASED 2.014 WITHIN THE LAST 30 DAYS, WHETHER AN UPGRADE SOLVES THE PROBLEM OR NOT, HE'S ENTITLED TO IT FREE ACCORDING TO MTU'S PUBLISHED GUIDELINES QUOTED BELOW, AND THE CLOCK IS TICKING.

IF THE PROBLEM CARRIES OVER TO 2.124, SO WHAT? HE'S STILL FURTHER AHEAD, AND CAN GET IT WORKING WITH AN IMPROVED VERSION...

Absolutely right!! He should first uprade and see... because IT'S FREE!!!!!
We will still be around after if he needs help.

Regards

Stillwater
February 25th, 2004, 07:10 PM
I have the same version of Hoster with a MTU supplies plextor drive and it works fine using windows XP home. Make sure windows is seeing this drive and make sure you set hoster use this drive as default. Upgrading hoster will not solve this problem. I have found a couple of other problems in this version of hoster but it works fine with these drives. In other words, if it works with windows, it should work with hoster.

nemesis
February 26th, 2004, 02:37 AM
problem has been solved

gduns - with the Lord
February 26th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Would you share with us the fix so we could have it for future reference

nemesis
February 26th, 2004, 10:24 AM
all i did was upgrade software

George
February 26th, 2004, 10:26 AM
:g :g :g :g :g :g

nemesis
February 26th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by George

THAT SAID, I'M OUTA HERE.

GEORGE

you don't have to be an a** about it ....i have built computers for 13 years and never had any problems.....i still beleave it is in the hoster coding not all software is is compatable with all computers

and people like you do nothing but repeat what other people have said already ....so what i am saying is ....your rude comments are not needed....... please do not respond to any more of my posts THAT SAID, I'M OUTA HERE

George
February 26th, 2004, 10:39 AM
What rude comments are you referring to?

My smiles were directed at those who were trying to deter you from upgrading, plus a bit of satisfaction at having made a correct guess, and general pleasure at seeing a problem solved.

I have said nothing out of the way to you anywhere in this thread.

Point out one thing that others said in this thread that I repeated.

After all this, there was not one word of thanks coming from you to any, including support, who tried to help you. So you tell me who the rude one is.

George

nemesis
February 26th, 2004, 10:57 AM
and just so everyone knows, it was a problem with the soft ware .....and after i talked ok tech support on the phone (because i could not get the upgrade to work!) all i needed to do is re-install the software .....the only thing i can see that maybe caused this "glich" is i upgraded all the drivers on my computer after installing hoster...

I think that even though everyone here thinks that PLEXTOR is "The best drive in the world" it has one of the worst ratings for cd-rom technology.

if MTU don't want to "Keep re making new drivers" for other cd-rom drives then yhey should let programmers use an open source program for making new ones...this would make everyone happy.

THANKYOU to everyone who has REALY helped me with this problem.... AND GEORGE LOSE THE ATTITUDE

George
February 26th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Case closed.

nemesis
February 26th, 2004, 11:06 AM
HERE ARE TWO .... (I think you need to read all the posts befor you say anything....you did repeat, and even quoted people on here.....I think that is just not needed

QUOTED from GEORGE: Point out one thing that others said in this thread that I repeated.

mlepine Quote by George:

mlepine

"He should go ahead with the upgrade with in the 30 day period, I would!!"

I THINK THAT HAS BEEN SAID TWICE ALREADY .....MAYBE MORE

George
February 26th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Now who's not reading?

MLEPINE was quoting me both times, not the other way around.

You got it all backwards.

Now do you blame me for getting a bit hacked at your unwarranted attack?

George

nemesis
February 26th, 2004, 11:17 AM
George,

You asked me to prove that you repeated what somone else said and i did..... you quoted someone, and posted it....that seems like a repeat to me

George
February 26th, 2004, 11:22 AM
MLEPINE QUOTED ME AND POSTED IT, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. YOU ARE SEEING IT BACKWARDS.

I'm not faulting mlepine for doing that , because it's standard operating procedure on these forums anyway, so's everyone will know what the new post is referring to. Otherwise we'd all be lost because there are frequently other posts separating the posts in question..

Let's just call it a failure to communicate and move on.

Take care,

George

mlepine
February 26th, 2004, 05:50 PM
nemesis,

I just dont understand why you reacted like that?

Everyone here was trying to help you, I tried telling you that your asus is cdg compatible but not with the driver use in the MTU software. Admin gave you a VERY clear explanation. George was the first one telling you to use your update before you loose the option.

Also, when you say that Plextor has the worst ratings well IT'S ABSOLUTELY WRONG!! No where will you find a Plextor that has a bad press & I'm not talking about cdg only, but the quality overall.

Your asus drive is probably good but to be able to extract cdg you need a different driver or mode, I wonder why is that???

Helping people could be a great pleasure for us but reaction like yours we just dont need!

Glad it's working anyway