PDA

View Full Version : Dual Display problems !!!!

steven
February 20th, 2004, 09:30 PM
I just found a link saying that the Home Version Of windows XP does not support dual display function. Is this true? Just purchased 2.014 hoster and imported about 20 cdg's. working fine on computer display but can't get the dual card to work from nvidia. I am stuck ! any help out there?

http://singclean.com/kjhoster.htm: This is the link, about half way down in red letters it states the XP Home edition will not support dual display. I hope the Mtu.com is aware of this, Because they are a great company 2nd to none and have been very helpful to me as a new customer. Thought someone should know what I came across!!:s

Can anyone offer assistence to me?
Thanks in Advance.
sfultz@peoplepc.com

George
February 20th, 2004, 10:06 PM
That just is not so.

I use an ATI Radeon 7500 in dual display mode with Hoster running XPHOME.

Know nothing about the NVIDIA card setup, so can't help there.

I would think that it would also have to be set up in "EXTENDED DESKTOP" mode and not in "CLONE" mode. That's the way the ATI is.

George

steven
February 20th, 2004, 11:45 PM
T:) Thanks so much for that help. I will try the extended mode first then, go out and buy a new video card if needed. Again thanks again for the help!
Later Dude

Garry A. Leslie
February 21st, 2004, 06:28 AM
Hello Steven,
I run Windows XP Home and Pro with a couple of put together PC's. based on the Shuttle XPC with a Nvidia2 card. No problems.
The Nvidia has a detailed set of instructions for set up to run dual display. Its a really good card and equally as good as most stand alone cards costing a good deal more.
Just make sure you have downloaded their latest drivers to work with XP and Hoster. www.nvidia.com
I have just bought a TFT monitor for KJ work and set it up and it ran the words for kareoke singing without any additional tinkering. My main monitor dispays the singer's list with the small screen inset.
As someone who always seems to spend a lot of time getting things right I was pleasantly surprised at the ease with which dual display can be set up.
Regards from across the pond
Garry

George
February 21st, 2004, 08:27 AM
Steven,

Perhaps the procedure would be the same on both video cards.

With AtI, to set up extended desktop:

Have the remote tv hooked up and turned on.

Right click anywhere on a blank area of the desktop.

Click on properties.

Click on settings.

There should be two monitors showing. Click on the inactive one(#2).

Click the box.."Extend my windows desktop to this monitor"

Click apply.

That's it.

If that worked, when you go to play a song, it may fill the monitor screen. Just double click to minimize. Then click and drag it to the remote screen.

Hope this gets it for you.

Take care,

George

flipper
February 21st, 2004, 05:18 PM
I have a NIVIDA card and XP Home and have no problems when following George's proceedure. The key here is that you must have everything hooked up and turned on...i.e. the TV and the RF Modulator (if using one) and plugged into the PC prior to attempting.

Flipper

steven
February 22nd, 2004, 07:28 PM
:g Yes George it worked and now I don't have to buy another operating system or card both of which would cost to much right now. I am over joyed at how hoster works and am importing Many songs. Dual display is working fine right now so THANKS to ALL for helping me through this difficult time. Thanks George for the input. I just upgraded to the version .124 and the help file is giving me errors though when looking up the cdg marketing Brands. No bugs no bites, you know how is. New things take time to fix. Still MTU is Fantastic to all customers New Or Old.

Now just to figure out how to label my cdg's for easy access.
bye for now

EVERYONE Thank you!!!!

steven

George
February 22nd, 2004, 08:24 PM
Steven,

You're more than welcome. Enjoy:g

George