PDA

View Full Version : In put new songs from singers

steven
February 19th, 2004, 02:12 PM
I need to know how to import songs from singers who bring their own cdg's to the show. How more inportantly do I add them to the playlist right away when they walk up to me and say i want this cdg and this song # to sing when it's my turn. I am using a desktop computer with hoster 2.014 version.

Need help please anyone.

S. Parks
February 19th, 2004, 02:15 PM
in the play tab, click on add song from disc, then you'll be prompted to type in the track number, and singer/singers names. Then hoster will ask you to insert the disc into your CDG drive, and click OK. Following that you'll see it up-load the song from the disc to a temporary file on your hard drive. It's that easy. The manual for hoster covers this pretty well too.

mindonstrike
February 19th, 2004, 08:32 PM
As part of the anti piracy thing hoster won't let you import a song if there is not a song playing already IE it won't import if hoster is idle. I think you're supposed to be able to import while playing (try and play and import the song at the same time) but I've had numerous audio dropouts doing that. So you probably want to discourage people from bringing their disk up when it's their turn.

Sam

admin
February 20th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by mindonstrike
As part of the anti piracy thing hoster won't let you import a song if there is not a song playing already IE it won't import if hoster is idle. I think you're supposed to be able to import while playing (try and play and import the song at the same time) but I've had numerous audio dropouts doing that. So you probably want to discourage people from bringing their disk up when it's their turn.

Sam
Thanks Sam for your understanding of MTU and our ethics. However... in this case, it was a really wierd programming nightmare that caused us to require the playing.

GREAT NEWS! In Hoster 2.2, which we should start testing this feature next week, we now import the track from your Singer's disc to the hard drive. These prior problems are gone:
[list=1]
Unlimited number of songs so you are no longer limited to 4 imported CDG tracks in the Playlist at any time. In fact, you could run an entire show with CDG tracks from Singer's discs. :g
If you use the Change Settings dialog in the Import Tracks tab to add Compressor/Limitor audio processing of your track then it will be applied to your imported CDG file. :w
CDG tracks can now... KEY CHANGE... may I hear a drum roll please... :g
All CDG tracks are safe! If your computer or Hoster crashes, all CDG songs are still on the hard drive and in the Hoster Project when you restart. However, they are auto-deleted when they play, or you exit Hoster normally. :c
Should not drop audio, but there is an excellent FAQ Center Article (http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=63&c=5) on how to setup your computer to reduce or remove audio dropouts.
[/list=1]

Regretfully :s there is one tradeoff. You can no longer start playing the song as soon as it starts importing. It can play only after it has been fully imported.

steven
February 20th, 2004, 01:44 PM
That help out extremely well, and am glad for your support on that matter. Welll now I am just going to read and play with the program for a while to check out any bugs. The only thing I don't like about it is you can only load up to 4 persons cdg's into memory and that is way to short for all the people I am getting with their own cdg's.

Any Comments
:c