PDA

View Full Version : Sweeping too Slow

S. Parks
February 19th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Installed the new upgrade, the process was flawless. However, in playing back a few of the new imports, I see the songs progressively get further and further behind when playing back through Hoster. Anyone else had this problem?

CochrellGary
February 19th, 2004, 08:10 AM
S. Parks

Try adjusting the "Playback Offset". You'll find it under the "Tools" menu heading.

Gary

mlepine
February 19th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by S. Parks
Installed the new upgrade, the process was flawless. However, in playing back a few of the new imports, I see the songs progressively get further and further behind when playing back through Hoster. Anyone else had this problem?

I do experience this problem with Microstudio if I use the latest video driver for my ATI 7000 series. I know it's not microstudio but the driver that has the problem because it's also doing it with another software.
I had to use an older version August 2003 I beleive?

Regards

S. Parks
February 19th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks, I'll try that when I get home tonight.

nreel
February 19th, 2004, 02:20 PM
With me, and, usually after INSTALLING a NEW version of HOSTER, I have noticed the SWEEP being too fast. I have, also, noticed the SWEEP being too fast after IMPORTING.

I, too, use the ATI Video Card (9500 PRO Video card in AGP 8X Mode) and this is what I have done to correct the SWEEP...permanently.

Open the ATI/Settings/ATI Display Settings and "CLICK" on the "SMARTGART" TAB. "CLICK" in the "FAST WRITE ON" box to select it. REBOOT.

If the "FAST WRITE ON" box is already selected, "CLICK" the "FAST WRITE OFF" box to select it. REBOOT.

Very strange but, for some reason, toggling this setting (one time) seems to correct the SWEEP.

Other settings of my ATI Video card are, under the TROUBLESHOOT" Tab, I have selected "FULL ACCELERATION" and "Enable Write Combining."

Assuming S. Parks is using an ATI Video card, hope this helps,

Norm

S. Parks
February 20th, 2004, 01:12 PM
well, the playback offset made the slow sweeping even worse, which makes total sense, since appearantly that is what is it supposed to do; add a 1 thru 5 milli-second delay in sweeping. However, after learning this, I put everything back to the default position and my machine and Hoster, decided that it was going to work just fine, after I put that delay back to zero milli-seconds. Go figure. As long as it works now I guess. Another one of those computing gremlins I guess. Thanks all for your help, and thanks MTU for making such a wonderful program for us to enjoy.