PDA

View Full Version : just curious

flipper
February 18th, 2004, 07:20 PM
I had my first minor glitch with hoster in my last show. I qued up a song and the graphics went crazy. Looked like top half of the words were missing. Then the next song has some strange problems with the colors and the words were not readable.

I grabbed my discs played the song in the player so the rotation could go on.

While the disc was playing I rebooted my computer. I tested the song again in hoster and it played perfectly.

Not sure what made this happen. Any guesses? (just curious)

The problem has not reappeared.

Flipper

gduns - with the Lord
February 18th, 2004, 07:26 PM
give us a little help! what version? What are your machine specs?

flipper
February 18th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Hoster 2.014 currently (waiting for go ahead on recent upgrade)

Windows XP Home - Current with all updates
2.8gig P4 ,512mb ram NIVIDA Geoforce 5100
60gig HD

Directx 9.0

lmcmains
February 19th, 2004, 08:24 AM
:g I have had the same problem. This has happen to me one time. I done as you did, I rebooted the computer and it was fine. I am running 2.014. I am using XP Pro.

admin
February 19th, 2004, 10:30 AM
We have found that NVidia graphics systems are not reliable. The ATI cards are more expensive, and not as often built on a motherboard, but MTUSUPPORT swares by them... and swares at NVidia.

If you have an ATI card, try replacing your NVidia with it and see if that fixes your problems.

If not, at least read these FAQ Center articles:

Hoster sweeping too fast on NVIDIA Chipsets (http://mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=33&c=5)

and

CDG song will not play properly from disc or hard drive (http://mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=62&c=1)

mindonstrike
February 19th, 2004, 08:23 PM
I have found that if you stop or skip to the next song while the currently playing son is
A) At the end of a pop hits monthly and the ending credits are still sliding in from the side.
B) Just started some of the All Hits songs that have the funky little Marquee scrolling up from the bottom.
C) Tried to play a corrupted kma
D) Who knows what else might cause this.
The work around that has worked for me everytime (although now I know what to avoid to avoid this problem) is to take one of those All Hit songs (I use "You Oughta Know") and keep it at the top of your playlist, when the graphics scramble all you need to do is play the opening untill the graphics come up completely and the little lights start blinking. That should fix it, it does my shuttle with Nvidea graphics.
Just for fun before/after your show you can make this happen by doing the afforemention A or B and then try the fix to make sure it will work for you.

According to MTU's versions page this was a problem that's been fixed in the upgrade.
Hope this helps.

Sam

flipper
February 19th, 2004, 08:48 PM
thanks sam! I will give it a try at my show tonight

Scott