PDA

View Full Version : Problem making me nuts - Solved using Microstudio

Machiavelli
February 16th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Hi there ,

I recently buyed the karaoke home prod. and it works great .. untill i export it to cdg ..

The music plays but the graphix (title screen) and lyrics are very delayed. And i mean VERY !

I tried to play with the settings - lyrics - advanced sweep etc , but still the same .

I read that XP can give problems , well i run winxp pro on my system :/

(system info: intel 3.0gig, 1024Ram, Geforce3 titanium 500 and latest video drivers + latest directx)

In the Kpro the song is perfect
but once made a CDG the graphics are so hard delayed and the song is fubar ...

Example : if i use a title page the fading IN is still goin and the song is already over ( yes 3 - 4 minutes delay :? :? :? )
So , no title page for me ..
BUT This is also when i dont use the title page and only lyrics.
When the lyrics appear on the screen the sweep is also VERY slow ... when the first word is beign colored the song is over :m

SO , what can i do to get the coloring FASTER , ALOT faster ??

Really need help on this please

Thanks and hope to recieve an answer soon.

greetz

admin
February 16th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Click here to read another Thread (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1971) that address this same issue. There are two solutions mentioned here; the video card was not capable of doing the CDG displaying we must support, and the audio card's hardware accelerator was causing KHP's video to slow down.

If you continue to have a problem, you should capture and attach your DXDIAG to the next post you make under this Thread.

Also, you will find some good points in our FAQ Center (http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v1&c=13) about the type of information we need to help you diagnose the problem. This is not caused by KHP. There is something on or related to your computer that we need to identify and help you correct. Please read the FAQ suggestions and try them.

Please post back here what you find. If you are still having problems, attach your DXDIAG so we can all see your computer settings. Often this will show up the problem. :w

Machiavelli
February 16th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Ok i tried almost everything ... (hardware and sound acceleration etc.)
It seems the delay is gone .. BUT now the lyrics dont show and i only see a flickering of colors :?

I have two computers , so i installed the khpro on my second system to check and it has the same problem (color flickering instead of seeing the words filled )

The program works great , so it isnt the khpro that causes a problem ..

I did the DXDIAG test on my 2 systems

So in this post will be the test of my main pc (the on i am using now )

Machiavelli
February 16th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Hope the problem will be fixed soon , because i cant wait to sing my songs :D

And here is the DXDIAG of my second system :

Machiavelli
February 16th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Machiavelli
[B]Ok i tried almost everything ... (hardware and sound acceleration etc.)
It seems the delay is gone .. BUT now the lyrics dont show and i only see a flickering of colors :?

The delay is still there , the flickering starts when a word is being colored i think

:r :r :r

gduns - with the Lord
February 16th, 2004, 02:51 PM
an antivirus software running can cause this problem also

Machiavelli
February 16th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Thats one of the first thing i disable doin things like this .. so nope virusscanner isn't causing any problems

Thnx tho for the reply tho :w

MTUSUPPORT
February 17th, 2004, 02:53 PM
I would recommend running all of the Windows Updates. I have never heard of this exact problem.

I also looked at your Dxdiag and it seems that everything should be ok. I am not familliar with the Medion Radeon Card that you have, so make sure you have the latest drivers from the Manufacturer for that Video card.

mlepine
February 17th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Here's what I would try:

1) Clean the system tray, go to Start, run, and then type msconfig.exe , when the app opens, go to startup tab. Remove the check on everything exept the anti-virus, Roland (Sound Canvas) or any rundll32, than reboot.
2) Update the video driver using the driver from the manufacture of the card & not from Windows update.
3) Take all updates from Windows update except audio & video (should come from manufacture)
4) Are you running the lastest Bios? Check Intel website...
5) Latest defrag??? First run Speed Disk or Disk Doctor than a good defrag could help

please, let us know if you see any improvement

Regards

Machiavelli
February 17th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by mlepine
Here's what I would try:

1) Clean the system tray, go to Start, run, and then type msconfig.exe , when the app opens, go to startup tab. Remove the check on everything exept the anti-virus, Roland (Sound Canvas) or any rundll32, than reboot.
2) Update the video driver using the driver from the manufacture of the card & not from Windows update.
3) Take all updates from Windows update except audio & video (should come from manufacture)
4) Are you running the lastest Bios? Check Intel website...
5) Latest defrag??? First run Speed Disk or Disk Doctor than a good defrag could help

please, let us know if you see any improvement

Regards

1) Done like u said , rebooted (and tried to create a song , but still the same prob)
2) Updated again the vid drivers after point 1 (still same prob)
3) All updates are on both machines (exept the vid driver ones)
4) Latest BIOS on both systems (My second comp is only 1 week old)
5) Latest defrag ? In december for main comp , and since my second comp is 1 week old and has the same prob with the screen flashing instead of seeing words filled i dont think i need to do a defrag again on my main comp

Now , i preview the CDG or BIN files with ************** Player (KBplayer) so i already see that there is a prob before i burn them to CD .. So when i do burn the BIN files on my cd i see the same as i saw with the kbplayer .. flashing colors
(First the screen is blue but then when the lyrics have to pop on the screen they dont , then when the lyrics normally should start beign filled , the borders and the center of the screen starts to flash green , roze and yellow on the same rythm i sweeped the lyrics)

I'm getting desperate here ...

I use CDRWIN3 to burn my BINs to a CD , i supose that wont be the troublemaker since i see the flashin with KBplayer too

On both computers i installed the KHPRO on a different drive than C: (on main its J: ... and on second comp its on the E:)
But cant imagine that would make a problem

Any more help would be gladly appreciated !
*since i think nobody likes to spend 80$ on a porgram and then not be able to use it*

Thanks already to those who are trying to help me !
/cheers
Keep the hints coming please ;)

Sincerly M.

mlepine
February 17th, 2004, 08:46 PM
I remember having a similar problem with my graphic in the past on both Micro & CDRWIN so when I disabled my DMA on both my hard drive & CDR-RW (for playback) it solve my problem.

Do you know how to disable it?
Click start, contol panel, system, hardware, device manager, IDE ATA/ ATAPI controler, primary IDE chanel, advance settings & put all Transfer Mode to PIO only. Repeat for the secondary IDE channel. Make sure to have both device 0 & 1 identical.

This was the only way for me to get a good graphic with my Yamaha burner and using both software mention below.

Good Luck!

PS- IF you see no changes I recommend you go enable your DMA's & don't worry this will not cause any damage to your system.

mlepine
February 17th, 2004, 09:03 PM
I'm trying to figure out your dxdiag & I most say you have some drives!!

Let me share with you what I beleive is a good installation for Windows: Windows XP should be installed on a NTFS drive with at least a 20 meg (recommend 40G), 7200 rpm. Any software you install should be where you have Windows install. You can install as much hard drive as you wish but keep in mind that an audio file will play better in a drive that is in FAT32. So, the C drive for Windows in NTFS & another drive for music. IF you play around with large file for video you will need a drive in NTFS because FAT32 has it's limitation when you do capturing.

My setup: My main "C" is a 40G in NTFS & my second is a 160g with 2 partition, 80G in FAT32 for music files & 80G NTFS for Video files.

One last thing, if you create partition you must create them before installing anything on the drive not after!

Regards

Machiavelli
February 17th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Ok guys ,

first of all , THANKS for the help you all gave me !!! /cheers

I found the problem , and i must be ashamed of myself. I didnt burn the cdg files with Microstudio ... but with another program *slaps himself*. That's what the problem is and WAS !!! :)

I did everything from a to z to try and find the sollution ,
untill i thought ... gee let me download the demo of Microstudio.

So i created a song and burned it on a cd (using MStudio) , then i popped it in my karaoke player and BOOM i was singing allong before i realized that it was working !!!!

I ordered immediatly Microstudio and let the creating begin !!
I have over 700 songs of karaoke that need to be done so i know what i am goin to do the weeks/months that come :)

I used to sing them with the lyrics printed out on a paper. :s

Thanks MTU for bringing out this awsome and easy to use program !!
*can't wait till u can change the colors for duets ^^*

Thanks again everyone of u for the support etc ;)

With Kind regards M.