PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find wmvcore.dll to run Hoster???

geche
February 14th, 2004, 09:48 PM
After a series of problems which I was able to overcome by reading the help forums, I was finally able to get Hoster installed and registered. Now when I try to open the program, I get a message that says "dynamic link library WMV core.DLL could not be found in the specified path C:\ Program Files\ Micro Technology...

Can someone please tell me what this means and what to do to fix it? I'm anxious to see this thing work. Thanks.

George
February 15th, 2004, 08:30 AM
It's a file your missing from your system.

George

MTUSUPPORT
February 15th, 2004, 07:44 PM
I think this is included in DirectX 9.0 and shouldn't be updated by the .dll file alone. This can cause your entire system to crash to do mismatch's in versions of files in the DirectX files. You can get the latest version from Microsoft at: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=772

Also, I would make sure to run all of the Windows Updates by connecting to the Internet then click the Start Menu, Windows Update. Make sure that you do all of the Windows Updates for your version of Windows.

geche
February 16th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Let me begin by thanking George for attempting to help solve my problem.

Bryan...when I click on the link you supplied, I get the following message:

Invalid thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

Any more suggestions?

Geche::? :? :?

George
February 16th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Try this link to Microsoft's Direct X 9.0download

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=141D5F9E-07C1-462A-BAEF-5EAB5C851CF5&displaylang=en

George

geche
February 17th, 2004, 12:53 AM
I'm starting to get a bit frustrated. I don't know what I would do if it weren't for you guys out there.

I downloaded direct x ver.9.0. (thanks George) and finished downloading all the Win. 2000 updates. All this took a while since I am using a dial-up modem. Whew!

Sad to say, I still receive the same error message when I try to open Hoster. :?

geche
February 17th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I have never been able to get Hoster to run. When I try to open the program, I get a message that says "dynamic link library WMV core.DLL could not be found in the specified path C:\ Program Files\ Micro Technology...

I downloaded direct X ver. 9.0. as well as all the Win. 2000 updates.

Can someone please help me? :f

wildtyme
February 19th, 2004, 06:21 PM
i had same problem downloaded windows media player 9.0 fixed it

mikedomi
February 19th, 2004, 07:49 PM
i think that file is also in
microsoft.net framework 1.1
download this and install it it should work
go to start click on wnidows update and it should be there to download follow the on scren info
it may take a while if your on dial up

George
February 19th, 2004, 09:50 PM
I'm surprised it was not in DirectX 9.0 like Bryan said.

George

geche
February 19th, 2004, 10:57 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

The Win. media player 9.0 did the trick. You guys are awesome!!!

Who would have thought?

Could not have gotten it going without you. :) :) :)

admin
February 20th, 2004, 12:01 AM
1. Friends in this Community Forum to help others... and MTU! :c

2. Using Microsoft Windows. :e :m

Thanks guys, we have been swamped at MTU and MTUSUPPORT has not been able to answer recently. Great job!!! :w

I have added a FAQ Center Article (http://mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=80&c=5) on this. Its one of those really obscure problems that only experience can answer.

Thanks wildtyme! We really appreciate you stepping in on this one!!! :c :c :c