PDA

View Full Version : plextor drive works in microstudio but not in hoster

mixmax
February 13th, 2004, 08:40 PM
just bought complete set of programmes including hoster andmicrostudio. Installed newplextor drive-px708A. works perfectly in microstudio, but hoster says it's not a cdg drive. Help!!!

gduns - with the Lord
February 13th, 2004, 09:48 PM
it wont recognize the 708 till after version 2.016 of hoster. you may need an update

MTUSUPPORT
February 15th, 2004, 07:59 PM
The update to Hoster 2.123 should be released this week.

mixmax
February 18th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Not a happy bunny - bought hoster last friday - wouldn't work with new plextor drive 708a - eagerly awaited upgrade - bought upgrade today - wednesday (another $49). Recognises drive now, but still won't work playing cdd's. do i have to wait for another upgrade and another $49? please help. Would love to use the programme ... really!

admin
February 20th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by mixmax
Not a happy bunny - bought hoster last friday - wouldn't work with new plextor drive 708a - eagerly awaited upgrade - bought upgrade today - wednesday (another $49). Recognises drive now, but still won't work playing cdd's. do i have to wait for another upgrade and another $49? please help. Would love to use the programme ... really!
I don't understand?

First, is Hoster seeing your Plextor 708a drive? If not, go to the Tools menu, click the CD/DVD default drives command and select your drive. Then, click OK to set it as your default.

Second, if Hoster is seeing the drive in the Import Tracks Tab, click the Playlist Tab, click the Add CD Track button, and enter the track number of the CDG disc you want to play. BUT... before you do this, please read the manual on add a CDG track with the Add CD Track button. It currently has a small quirk that you must be playing another song, before you can see the Load Disc dialog box to import the CDG track into your Playlist. :s

As to your purchasing the Hoster upgrade, you will be receiving an email tomorrow that contains a coupon to get this upgrade for free, because you bought within the last 30 days. Now, if you will forward that email to our office manager and request a refund, it will be done. :)

Please click the Contacts link in our home page navigation box for her email so I don't have to expose her to eternal spamnation by posting her email in this public Forum. :r

mixmax
February 20th, 2004, 06:30 AM
All seems to be working. Thanks for help - looking forward to using it 'live'!