PDA

View Full Version : cd writer doesn´t work properly

totis
February 13th, 2004, 03:03 PM
CD writer doesn’t work properly.

Last Christmas I decided it was time for me to purchase a new PC.
I did a lot of research in order to find the right choice.

The most important issue I was looking for was finding out if the cd-writer would work on microstudio.

I took with me a copy of microstudio demo install software and started to test every PC just to make sure microstudio would detect the drivers as “YES” for karaoke.

A couple of weeks later I finally found the HP Pavilion AMD XP computer including the ASUS CRW-4824AH cd-rom drive which microstudio detected it as good for karaoke.

I purchased it and took it home but then I sadly realize the cd-writer doesn’t work properly.
It looks like there some problem reading and writing graphics.

Is there something I can do to solve this problem?
I am using the microstudio version 2.517.
Thanks a lot for all your help.

MTUSUPPORT
February 13th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Totis,
I am sorry but there is no CD-R drive that will work currently with Karaoke, except for the Plextor brands.

Here is a post of known CD-R drives that show Yes, but then actually give you an error message because the drive can't decode the CD+G format. Click here to go to the post. (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=1106)

mlepine
February 13th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by MTUSUPPORT
Totis,
I am sorry but there is no CD-R drive that will work currently with Karaoke, except for the Plextor brands.

Here is a post of known CD-R drives that show Yes, but then actually give you an error message because the drive can't decode the CD+G format. Click here to go to the post. (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=1106)

Bryan,

With all respect, some may work but not with Microstudio. Like I mention previously, I beleive it's a question of driver. I've tested burners who Microstudio couldn't recognised or just couldn't give me a nice graphic but happen to work properly with the DMA disable or with the Deinterleave mode on another software.

I'm only saying this because I wouldn't want people to beleive that because a burner who doesn't work with Microstudio is not necessary a DVD/CD-R burner that doesn't read CDG.

Of course the best option would be a Plextor that will probably work with any CDG Karaoke software on the market!

Regards