PDA

View Full Version : Hoster 2.122 installs but shows "Serial Number mismatch" error and won't run

admin
February 12th, 2004, 07:12 AM
On Wednesday, February 11, 2004 we started LIMITED sales of upgrade to Hoster 2.122. However, we discovered a problem with our web database approval script.

If your Hoster Original Serial Number starts with a "T" like: T0002186... when you install and try to run Hoster, it will report "Serial Number does not match." We can fix this problem at our web site, and do not think we need to replace your Hoster version.

If you have Hoster 2.122 and experience this "Serial Number..." problem, please click the Post Reply button with this Thread open and type anything such as "I'm having the problem." Then, when we post we have fixed the problem, everyone in this Thread is automatically notified. We will be working on this today, Thursday February 12, 2004. This is the most efficient way to reach you. :w

If you have not been contacted by MTU to order this upgrade, please do not ask us for it. We are trying to limit the number of people who may experience a problem. When we are ready, we will send an email to everyone who currently owns Hoster 2.0xx. :c

MTUSUPPORT
February 12th, 2004, 12:02 PM
I am having the Problem.

janiceandkevin@
February 12th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Still having the problem

jaw6772
February 12th, 2004, 05:35 PM
I'm having a problem with registration code

videoman
February 14th, 2004, 12:04 PM
where do I find the serial number. is it the same as the registration code

mgrowolski
February 14th, 2004, 01:13 PM
I am having a problem

videoman
February 14th, 2004, 03:20 PM
so are u telling me that the registrationn code and the serial number are the same? Can I load it if it does not begin with a T.

BoogieNWmn
February 14th, 2004, 04:10 PM
I'm having a problem.... but it is telling me I have installed the product on more than one computer. I have not. I was simply upgrading. When asked for the old Hoster ID # (which also begins with a "T0000.....) I get the rejection notice.
All the installs of this product have been today starting with v 2.013.

mgrowolski
February 16th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Hey guys when is the fix for serial mismatch gonna be on the site as I want to test the new upgrade on my home system first then if all is okay I will transfer to my laptop which I use for the gigs. So please let us no what is occurring please
many thanx and keep up the good work

admin
February 17th, 2004, 09:02 AM
We have released Hoster version 2.124. Click your download link (from your download instruction email) if you ordered the Hoster21UpG or Hoster2100n product numbers. If you have not ordered either of these, you will need to do so to get the 2.124 version.

It should allow you to install on the computer you have Hoster running on now, using your Upgrade Registration Code (if you ordered the Hoster21UpG part), or your Original Registration Code (if you ordered Hoster2100n, or from a prior version such as 2.011 or 2.014).

Please let 2.124 remove your prior version. It has been designed to save your Original Registration Code so you won't have to type it in.

If you have an Upgrade RegCode, enter it and the Registration email address (found on the MTU.com download instructions email you received) in the first Registration Email and Code screen you see. The Original RegCode should appear in the second Registration Code screen.

If you purchased Hoster2100n, you only have a new Original Registration Code. Enter it and the Registration email address in the first screen you see. The second Registration screen will not appear to you as this is not an upgrade.

We expect everyone will be registered and running in minutes. :w

Post back here if you have any problems. :e

tonedeaf
February 22nd, 2004, 12:30 PM
I'M HAVING THE PROBLEM

Installed upgrade Sat. worked great imported 25 discs, went to get back on it today and I recieve this message---- your serial number does not match your registration information. please reinstall Hoster and try again.

Well that didn't work either.

When you spend this amont of money on a software and have problems right away, this scares me on what to encounter at a show, would not be good for reputation and booking more gigs.

:?

tonedeaf
February 22nd, 2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by tonedeaf
I'M HAVING THE PROBLEM

Installed upgrade Sat. worked great imported 25 discs, went to get back on it today and I recieve this message---- your serial number does not match your registration information. please reinstall Hoster and try again.

Well that didn't work either.

When you spend this amont of money on a software and have problems right away, this scares me on what to encounter at a show, would not be good for reputation and booking more gigs.

:? Went through whole upgrade process again so far this time it seems to be working right. :g YIPPEE Crossing my fingers and knocking on wood even went out and bought a lucky rabbits foot.

sjmcentee
March 6th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Im having this problem got no update mail pls advise

tonedeaf
March 6th, 2004, 07:15 PM
When did you purchase Holster? They give a free upgrade if you purchased it within the last 30 days before the upgrade came out for use.

Jeff

sjmcentee
March 8th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Sat oct 4th 2003

MTUSUPPORT
March 8th, 2004, 12:54 PM
You would need to purchase the upgrade from www.mtu.com for $49.95.

sevekj
April 20th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Fiirst time going out of town and my system is crashing on my hired help.
Message saying hoster has encountered a problem.
Now, it's show time again and it is wanting me to reinstall hoster, I hope I do not need internet access for this, I have been under the impression that internet access is a must to install hoster.
Let me know.
Thanks

MTUSUPPORT
April 20th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Sevejk,
You must have internet Access to install Hoster from scratch. There is no way around this. You don't have to have the computer that you are installing Hoster on, attached to the Internet, but it must then have a Floppy drive. This way it can create a floppy disk, that you can then take to a computer that does have Internet access.

If you are having Hoster crash as you say, it is probably because you don't have the Windows updates that you need on your computer for Hoster to run. Your Hoster show computer should be connected to the Internet and then run the Windows Updates on the Start Menu. This is the only way that you can fix this.

sevekj
April 20th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by MTUSUPPORT
Sevejk,
You must have internet Access to install Hoster from scratch. There is no way around this. You don't have to have the computer that you are installing Hoster on, attached to the Internet, but it must then have a Floppy drive. This way it can create a floppy disk, that you can then take to a computer that does have Internet access.

If you are having Hoster crash as you say, it is probably because you don't have the Windows updates that you need on your computer for Hoster to run. Your Hoster show computer should be connected to the Internet and then run the Windows Updates on the Start Menu. This is the only way that you can fix this.

I have not installed a floppy on the show computer, I only have a CD burner, can I just use the burner for the floppy operation or is the program going to be looking for drive "A"?

MTUSUPPORT
April 20th, 2004, 03:51 PM
The program only will write to the A:\ drive. To get around this, the only other thing that you can do is install a USB floppy. Then it would work.

sevekj
April 20th, 2004, 04:00 PM
I am a little handy capped in fully understanding how the procedure would be to install or reinstall or update hoster to a show computer that is not connected to the internet.

Here is the scenario.

I have purchased the full new version 2.127 of hoster.
I have installed it in my home computer and have been testing out the new functions and so forth, the only advantage so far to upgrading the show computer that I can see is the video card refreshing feature, and the location of the control buttons.
I have always had little glitches that I was not expecting when I purchased the first version 2.014.
Here are couple of things that happen periodically with out warning or at least I have not been able to nail down any pattern for cause.
1. Arbitrarily the screen will go to complete snow, the audio continues, moving the mouse fixes this, although annoying if you are not at your system when this occurs. I have checked the desktop screen saver timout for 3 hours so this not the issue.

2. Add HD track screen dissapears mysteriously, and can not be retreived unless hoster is shut down and restarted, this usually occurs after a few songs in the play list have been played with the add hd track window open, which I wish would remain open all of the time in a seperate location that did not cover any information on the hoster window, or that could be shrunk down and made smaller to move to a always open location.

Anyway, I would like your advice on a procedure step by step to upgrade my show computer using the cd with the new version and registration number, without having to connect my show computer to the internet, also when I built my show computer and loaded XP I did get it on the internet at that time because it was at home at the time and I installed all the MS updates at that time along with installing hoster, I currently have the upgrade on my home computer which I purchased at extra cost and I understand that I could have recieved the upgrade free of charge or at least at a discount just for the upgrade, but I did not understand on how to do it very well so I decided to go ahead and purchase the full version because I did need the 2 liscense thing and plus I want a seperate hoster for some mobile gigs that I rarely do but am asked on occasion for charity events and so forth, so I have a question now, since I have 2 complete versions of hoster, do I now have 4 liscences, please clarify, and instruct me on how to load all three for now computers with hoster. I hope this all makes sense. I would rather talk to you on the phone, how could we talk about my scenario, my dime?

Thanks for your responses.

gduns - with the Lord
April 20th, 2004, 04:14 PM
SEVEKJ,
buy a usb floppy, and it will be a very simple installation.

to install the usb floppy all you do is plug it in.

windows will automaticaly find it and load the drivers.

you can then use the floppy install method.

a usb floppy is cheap, and can be used an any and all your computers. and moved at will.

It is your easiest route to installing.

sevekj
April 20th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by gduns
SEVEKJ,
buy a usb floppy, and it will be a very simple installation.

to install the usb floppy all you do is plug it in.

windows will automaticaly find it and load the drivers.

you can then use the floppy install method.

a usb floppy is cheap, and can be used an any and all your computers. and moved at will.

It is your easiest route to installing.

Thanks

admin
April 20th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by sevekj
I have always had little glitches that I was not expecting when I purchased the first version 2.014.

ADMIN NOTE: Sevekj, I'm not pushing our computers, but I remember a prior thread where several users helped you discover your computer was not set up correctly. I'm just wondering if the "little glitches" you are referring to stems from those times?

Here are couple of things that happen periodically with out warning or at least I have not been able to nail down any pattern for cause.

1. Arbitrarily the screen will go to complete snow, the audio continues, moving the mouse fixes this, although annoying if you are not at your system when this occurs. I have checked the desktop screen saver timout for 3 hours so this not the issue.

ADMIN NOTE: I'm at a loss on this one. I have never heard of this reported before. There have been some wierd problems with certain CDG songs, but they seem to be related to extreme fade in and fade out steps that overwhelm our CDG player code or the computer. Do you notice this following some particular song playing, or any other "repeatable" cause? If so, please post it here. We're working hard on 2.20x and we want to get as many bugs out as we can.

2. Add HD track screen dissapears mysteriously, and can not be retreived unless hoster is shut down and restarted, this usually occurs after a few songs in the play list have been played with the add hd track window open, which I wish would remain open all of the time in a seperate location that did not cover any information on the hoster window, or that could be shrunk down and made smaller to move to a always open location.

ADMIN NOTE: Great News!!!! :g The Add HD Track and Add CD Track dialogs are both on the Play Tab main screen now. They are no longer in the way. We have a very good Search capability now also. Regretfully, beta testers are experiencing audio dropouts when they import a CD Track from a Singer's disc. We did some experimenting over the weekend and the results were very promising. We are fairly confident that we are on to the reason for the audio dropouts on some computers. It now looks like Hoster 2.20x (2.205 currently testing) will be out in early May, Lord willing! :) We are doing a major overhaul of the Installation program trying to make it as painless as we can, along with some major new features such as the Search.

Anyway, I would like your advice on a procedure step by step to upgrade my show computer using the cd with the new version and registration number, without having to connect my show computer to the internet, also when I built my show computer and loaded XP I did get it on the internet at that time because it was at home at the time and I installed all the MS updates at that time along with installing hoster, I currently have the upgrade on my home computer which I purchased at extra cost and I understand that I could have recieved the upgrade free of charge or at least at a discount just for the upgrade, but I did not understand on how to do it very well so I decided to go ahead and purchase the full version because I did need the 2 liscense thing and plus I want a seperate hoster for some mobile gigs that I rarely do but am asked on occasion for charity events and so forth, so I have a question now, since I have 2 complete versions of hoster, do I now have 4 liscences, please clarify, and instruct me on how to load all three for now computers with hoster. I hope this all makes sense. I would rather talk to you on the phone, how could we talk about my scenario, my dime?

ADMIN NOTE: You can't use a CDROM to register. We have to write the data back to the diskette that you then take back to the computer you are going to install and run Hoster on. Looks like gduns has given you a good description of what to do. Thanks Gary! :g

Thanks for your responses.

sevekj
May 4th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by admin

Thanks for all of the tips!!

I finally have online access on the the show computer and loaded the new hoster on it and it is running just fine, thanks for as fine product. It turned out easier than anticipated. Computer gurus eat your hearts out.

Seve

Garry A. Leslie
June 1st, 2004, 11:24 PM
Hello Admin
Have just put a brand new hard drive into my PC, and tried to re-install Hoster, I get the mismatch serial number error.
I tried to install from my original CD-rom which has the T0000......
serial number, I don't want to upgrade at this moment, I have downloaded all the XP upgrades, including drivers.
Please advise.
Garry

MTUSUPPORT
June 3rd, 2004, 09:23 AM
Gary,
What version are you running? If you are running 2.122, then click on your Email link and download the Latest version of 2.127. This was the only version that had this issue.

Garry A. Leslie
June 4th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Hello Bryan
Thanks for a quick reply.
Don't know how, but after much frustration, effort and time, I got Hoster up and running again.
I think if you persevere, someone up there finally smiles.
Still running version 2013 according to "about Hoster", although I
always thought I had paid for 2014.
Regards
Garry

gduns - with the Lord
June 4th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Garry,
If you can you really need to upgrade, there were a lot of bug fixes between 2.013, and 2.127.

Garry A. Leslie
June 4th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Hello gduns,
Good to hear from you and thanks for the advice, I have read all the upgrade notes about bugfixes etc., and know I will need to upgrade sooner or later.
Financially strapped at the moment, having spent a lot of money touring your country during the last month.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry

gduns - with the Lord
June 4th, 2004, 08:15 AM
click on your download link, and you may have a later download avalible free. because I think they did allow free upgrades on the same link to a point.

Have a great day!!!

sevekj
June 9th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Downloaded and running.
I just wish I could still edit the singers name while on the playlist, and also use enter when adding the singer using the book id entry, I have to click the mouse, I have found a way to do it by pressing the back button the forward then enter but it is inconvenient.

Seve

70mlbu
November 23rd, 2004, 09:47 PM
I am having the problem.

MTUSUPPORT
November 24th, 2004, 11:01 AM
The only way to fix this is to Run all of the Windows Updates. Then Uninstall Hoster and Reinstall it again. This will fix this problem.

70mlbu
November 24th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I don't believe that will fix the problem... I have automatic updates set up on this computer with none waiting to install. I uninstalled Hoster last night and tried the reinstall and received the same message. I don't use Hoster professionally "yet" because I have never been able to get it working completely. I've just recently decided to try it again but now I'm running into this problem. I appreciate your help. I would really like to see what this program can do for us at karaoke and DJ gigs. Thanks, Dave.

Ernieaquino
July 11th, 2005, 02:08 PM
I just installed 3110 because I have a lot of mp3+g Zip files that need to be converted in a batch, This version is supposed to do that however I've had to reinstall several times now because it gives the message "serial number does not match reg number, Please reinstall hoster" I really do appreciate all the new features! really I do and I thank everone who's on the team to make this a better product! Please help! Has anyone else experienced this on the new release?

Ernie

ZilkerRun
July 16th, 2005, 06:59 AM
I am having the "serial not match" problem with version 3.110. I have installed the program several times from the website with hit and miss success. However, I will not have web access at the show to install this program several times to make it work.

Each time that I boot up the computer for a new session, I get the same "serial not match" error message. Please let me know the fix for this problem.

Ernieaquino
July 16th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Do you have a wireless ethernet card? If you do then remove it then without reinstalling hoster try it again, I did and hoster works everytime now , If I put it back, I also get the error again. I think it has something todo when I installed hoster I either "didnot or I Did" have the card in the computer, also are you using any external Hard drives, Same school of thought. Hope this helps, There is another thread on this with 3110

Ernie

MTUSUPPORT
July 18th, 2005, 03:20 PM
ZilkerRun,
Try as Ernie stated and see if you can get it to work. Do you use any external Devices, such as Network card, or Hard drive?