PDA

View Full Version : copy from hard drive to hard drive

kenpattx
February 9th, 2004, 10:19 AM
I need some help and assurance.. I have the mtu smaller laptop as well as a shuttle...I have the laptop very current as far as songs imported etc..in the beginning I simply copied from the laptop to the hoster, that worked just fine..I'm not a computer whiz, I know you could'nt tell...I need to bring my shuttle up to date,,can you tell me how ...do I format the drive or ?? thanks in advance.....Ken

gduns - with the Lord
February 9th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Bring the shuttle uptodate? why would you format the harddrive?

My one big suggestion is to get a usb harddrive, and copy all your karaoke files to it (.kma files). and keep it up to date.

You could then plug it into either machine and copy the files over to it. (into the directory you keep the .kmas file in)those are your songs.

After copying those files over if the wer'nt previously on that computer you would need to have hoster read the new songs into the database. so you can use them.

hope this helps

admin
February 9th, 2004, 03:36 PM
kenpattx, make sure you have 2 copies of original discs for both shows if you are running two different copies of Hoster at the same time. :w

kenpattx
February 11th, 2004, 10:26 AM
the shuttle is used as a back up system, if it is'nt current its of no value for that, this is why i'm trying to keep them (lap-top and shuttle) the same, I want the book id's to be the same, when they were new it was easy simplely copy from one to the other... I do have an external hard drive for the laptop which is also current..I know this is not a biggie, but for me it is..my original question was......I want to reload the shuttle hard drive..should I delete all the stuff thats there...should I format it.....is there a way to copy only the items that are not presently on it..since I' not a computer whiz I was hoping for someone click by click tell what I should do....thanks agian Ken

gduns - with the Lord
February 11th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Well,
what I do is I have an external hard drive for backup.

as I add songs to my computer, open windows explorer.

go to view

show as details

sort directory by: modified

that lists the order that the files were created.

the files with the latest dates will be aththe bottom of the list

select those files, and copy them to the backup. (or the shuttle)

admin
May 12th, 2004, 06:04 AM
MTU ask IPJustice.org to research if making backup copies is legal, including copying to a hard drive. Read this post on their legal research results (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=25020). You'll be glad you did! :w