PDA

View Full Version : Using singers CD, no picth control?

Motoreb
February 1st, 2004, 01:23 PM
When I use a singers cd to get a song, I am not able to change the pitch. Is this a problem everyone has or is it just my unit.
Do I not have a setting, set right? I tried to find a post that addresses this but could not find one. Thanks for any help!

ADMIN NOTE: Its in the Hoster manual under Add CD Track. :g

CochrellGary
February 1st, 2004, 02:03 PM
Correct. No pitch with singer's CD. This is not a bug and your unit is OK. MTU is adding this feature in the future.

Gary

Motoreb
February 1st, 2004, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the information Gary. At least I know everything is running as it should be, which is great for running shows. I really enjoy not having to mess with all the disc's anymore.

kedmison
February 1st, 2004, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure which version of Hoster you are using, but I CAN change pitch with a singers CD. It won't let me change it ahead of time but I can just before the CD starts.

Kelly:w

kedmison
February 1st, 2004, 11:02 PM
I stated that I could. It just accurd to me to re check. It does let me change the buttons; but doesn't change the key. Sorry for the mistake.:f

Kelly

admin
February 2nd, 2004, 07:56 AM
We cannot change what is currently there to make it key change imported Singer's CDG tracks.

However, we are totally rewriting how this work to significantly improve it. When done (Hoster 2.2 expected), it will allow key changing. :w

We are removing the Add HD Track and Add CD Track dialog boxes, and placing an Add Track function in the Playlist screen so you don't have pop-up dialog boxes. Also, for KMA files, we are adding a Search operation so you will have wildcards to search for all Song names or Artist names that meet your entry. This will be a major improvement over the current Song and Artist search modes. We should be beta testing this by the end of February, and want to get it to all Hoster 2.1 owners as soon as it works.

We are close to releasing Hoster 2.121, hopefully this week. There are several grimlins that popped up at the last minute. :r

Motoreb
February 2nd, 2004, 10:40 AM
This is great news! I look forward to the new release.

SteveWalker
February 6th, 2004, 09:20 AM
80% of my singers bring their own CDG's and request key changes about 80% of the time. I cannot use Hoster because of this limitation. I can't understand why you have this so low on your priority list.

I would also like to see the "search" to list all songs that contain the text that you type in. For example, you type in "sunshine" and the search returns a list of all songs with that word in any of the fields including title, artist name, etc. The tabs are NOT necessary and simply slows you down. Sometimes a customer will not know the exact title but provides some of the correct words in the title. I should be able to enter these words and the search turns up all songs in a list to choose from. This is the way Windows Media Player and WinAmp work so why can't you do it?

Steve

admin
February 6th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by SteveWalker
80% of my singers bring their own CDG's and request key changes about 80% of the time. I cannot use Hoster because of this limitation. I can't understand why you have this so low on your priority list.

ADMIN: We have to completely scrap and rewrite the code to add Key Change into playing a CD track. Thus, a massive upgrade like that must be scheduled when it is done to happen at the same time we are "in that code area". It is well underway as I type and will be in Hoster 2.2... expected out within 3-4 months. :c

I would also like to see the "search" to list all songs that contain the text that you type in. For example, you type in "sunshine" and the search returns a list of all songs with that word in any of the fields including title, artist name, etc. The tabs are NOT necessary and simply slows you down. Sometimes a customer will not know the exact title but provides some of the correct words in the title. I should be able to enter these words and the search turns up all songs in a list to choose from. This is the way Windows Media Player and WinAmp work so why can't you do it?

ADMIN: This is being added right after we recode adding a Singer's track to the Playlist. It will use wildcards as normal database searches require. This will be in Hoster 2.2. Of course Steve, since you still don't own Hoster, you will need to buy a copy to get this operation. :w

Steve

SteveWalker
February 7th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by admin

I can't wait till you have it! :) I will have to encode all my CDG's again in your format since you can't play mp3+g. :f You probably won't consider supporting that format will you?

Thanks,
Steve