PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade doesn't work

rraike
January 30th, 2004, 10:03 PM
..I am trying to upgrade my hoster from 2.011 to 2.014. When I install the program and use the registration code that I was given, it says that the code is already in use by another computer..and fails. I changed my email address late last year and informed MTU and I was wondering if the code generated is on the old address that i originally purchased hoster on, or the new one. Either way it doesn't work.
Also do you have enter info Name address etc EXACTLY on the first page. Is a registration code and a serial number the same thing or am I missing something ?
Anybody got any ideas. Thanks

jaddams
January 31st, 2004, 01:19 AM
Rraike,

On 2.014 you MUST have the same network card and MACID you used on yout origianl install.

It's my understanding that you must use the exact information you used when you bought your program. The email address entered on its requested field Must be the same one you used when you first registered, EVEN if you are now using a different same address.

Try it. this may solve your current problem.

Good luck,

Jon

admin
January 31st, 2004, 04:51 PM
Because you used Ray the first time and Raymond the second, your codes were different.

I have deleted your prior 2003-03-12 registration so I believe it should allow updating now. :?

rraike
February 1st, 2004, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the quick reply ...Unfortunately it is still giving me the same message " our records show that your registration code is already registered with another computer" whether I use ray or raymond. Has this got anything to do with Lower or upper case when registering your name.
Thanks
Ray

admin
February 1st, 2004, 06:39 AM
I have deleted all your registration records after documenting them. Please try again.

As to lower/UPPER case, it should NOT affect the registration. However, sometimes a programmer does something, or the UNIX OS on our web site has "quirks" that are not clear at first. At this point, whatever you enter should work. :w

BoogieNWmn
February 14th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by rraike
Thanks for the quick reply ...Unfortunately it is still giving me the same message " our records show that your registration code is already registered with another computer" whether I use ray or raymond. Has this got anything to do with Lower or upper case when registering your name.
Thanks
Ray

Ditto's - I'm having the exact same problem (except my name is not ray :w )

HELP!!

videoman
February 14th, 2004, 07:18 PM
my download link does not work. says it is used up. how do i turn off accelator?