PDA

View Full Version : Updates

Chasmo
January 23rd, 2004, 01:53 PM
I purchased Hoster 2 months ago. will I be charged for the update to the new version? and when will it be released. thx

George
January 23rd, 2004, 02:01 PM
You should be able to get an answer to your question if you will
<a href="http://mtu.com/support/info.htm">click here</a> and scroll down the page.

Hope this helps.

George

S. Parks
January 23rd, 2004, 02:05 PM
this is how MTU answered this question in another thread two days ago.

"FYI: We are expecting to release Hoster 2.115 for Beta Testing tomorrow AM. If there are no bugs reported, we expect to release to everyone next Monday. There will be an upgrade price as it includes the newest Keyrite code, and the database is now 196,700 songs, 50% larger, and corrections were made, and it is reordered to be able to prepare your songbook by lastname,firstname again. Also, there are 2 commands to take your existing Songs.mdb database and upgrade its Song and Artist fields from the new database where the Brand-DiscID match. And, you can then update your KMA file headers so a subsequent Build Songs Datbase will retain the changes you have made."

I think it will be Moday beofre we'll know if it will release. It's a bummer you'l have to pay to upgrade, but looking at the news page, there's many. many improvements to the program that took a lot to develope since the last release. I hope this helps.

George
January 23rd, 2004, 02:29 PM
Right, and since it has gone from version 2.014 to 2.1XX, that's in agreement with their published policy.

George