PDA

View Full Version : Sound Choice CDs

70mlbu
January 22nd, 2004, 07:50 PM
I have read that Sound Choice is copy protecting and I know there are some work arounds but I can't find any info on why after reading and writing the first song I get an "error writing KMA file". If I select the next song and try again it happens again. Etc... I've seen where people have trouble with the 15th song but I haven't seen any issues involving all the songs not importing. Any suggestions? This has only happened with Sound Choice so far.

flipper
January 22nd, 2004, 10:36 PM
Looks like you have a Mediaclog protected disc. I have had no luck importing these discs into hoster.

There are several threads that pertain to workarounds on Multisession Discs but I have not found them helpful on MediaClog.

Look in the lower right hand portion of the disc near the number. It will be clearly identified.

70mlbu
January 23rd, 2004, 10:29 AM
Thanks Flipper. I hope someone out there has had success with these. I have "many" of them.

mindonstrike
January 23rd, 2004, 07:05 PM
I sent you both private mail on the subject.

Sam

flipper
January 23rd, 2004, 08:02 PM
did not get Private Mail you sent

Here is my email trivita-sallmon@msn.com

Thank You

Scott

sevekj
February 3rd, 2004, 06:34 PM
For as much trouble it is to import the one song, i WILL BE LOOKING INTO THE TROUBLE OF JUST ORDERING THE SONG FROM A DIFFERENT MFG. The only reason I have ordered SC in the past year has been for a song or two, I stopped buying SC mainly because they cost too much, and I have been finding some pretty good sounds elswhere for a lot less. Plus I bet if I find the song 15 somewhere else I will probably wind up with more bonus songs to boot, and I will never order SC again unless they change their practices. It is my opinion, that if they had prices that were more competetive they would sell more than what they loose to pirates. I personally believe they are the reason for pirates in the first place. Make it more affordable and people will spend the money for a good product that is legal.
That is my say. I hope more will just reorder the one lousy song from someone else.

Seve

mindonstrike
February 4th, 2004, 05:01 AM
The trouble is other manufacturers are following suit. Chartbuster now does it (at least on their pro discs ) and a custom disc I got from Top Tunes was also multi-session so I'm guessing their regular stock has it too, and my custom discs from eatsleepmusic have had it for some time.

Who else?
Who next?

Sam

lmcmains
February 4th, 2004, 08:41 AM
70mlbu
You can send the SC disc's back to SC and they will replace them with a disc without MediaClog. You have to pay the shipping. I don't buy SC anymore, They are good but they are over priced. Chartbuster has lowered the price to $14.99. I buy all mine from Doowop.com. The price includes shipping. All the new Chartbuster is Multisession but that is easy to get around using Microstudio.

admin
May 12th, 2004, 06:05 AM
MTU ask IPJustice.org to research if making backup copies is legal, including copying to a hard drive. Read this post on their legal research results (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=25020). You'll be glad you did! :w

sevekj
May 15th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by admin
MTU ask IPJustice.org to research if making backup copies is legal, including copying to a hard drive. Read this post on their legal research results (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=25020). You'll be glad you did! :w

Thanks for the link to ip justice.

I made a copy and am saving it for future arguments.

Thanks,

MTU,

Seve