PDA

View Full Version : How's The Beta test of 2.112 going?

S. Parks
January 16th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Any feedback about how the new version of Hoster is going. Does the new data base look good? Will it be available for release today as forecasted 1/15/04?:?

admin
January 18th, 2004, 08:15 AM
The database is clean.

Hoster 2.113, which is the current beta release, had a problem on some computers that has been seen before... audio dropouts randomly.

We have done everything possible to prevent audio dropouts, but nothing works. if Windows has not been PERFECTLY installed, and Power Management is enabled, you will have audio dropouts. BTW: We have equal beta testers who do NOT experience any audio dropouts, which makes this one very hard to diagnose and identify.

We are now writing a Kernal Driver for our audio process. This is the only way we can take possession of a higher priority in Windows to insure our play operation is not "put aside" for some other Windows housekeeping task. :m :m

We expect to have it tomorrow morning for 2.114 testing. There are a few minor glitches (not worth calling bugs) that we will also repair before releasing.

We are very close to releasing Hoster 2.1xx. :w

sevekj
January 27th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Hello, How does one become a Beta tester.

Requirements, certificates, computer knowledge, I imagine would be a few examples of screening.

I would like to try, I am learning a lot, and also have a great interest in all of the enhancements to the product. I have been a KJ for 8 years and have always looked for the best ways to run a show and have been very successful. I currently run a seven day a week show, I personally run 4 nights and have kj hired for 3 nights and 1 for afternoon shows for kids at a lounge/restaurant. I used to be a mobile kj but since this deal came through with this venue I have put everything built in and am now installing hoster to run the show here and to have to train someone new with no computer knowledge, hoster is a breeze, thanks for making it all in one simple.

Seve

jaddams
January 27th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Seve,

I believe this link (http://www.mtu.com/support/beta-testers.htm) will answer most of your questions.

Good luck,

Jon

S. Parks
January 28th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Are we still very close to release of 2.1XX? Seve, trust me begging to be a Beta tester doesn't help, I already tried.

sevekj
January 28th, 2004, 03:34 PM
What was I thinking?
I don't even come close to ever becoming a beta tester.
Alright, you testers out there keep doing a fine job!!

I will contribute to the problems found for now, when I can.

Seve