PDA

View Full Version : More questions on compatibility

José Hunter
January 13th, 2004, 02:52 AM
I decide to start my own thread in case my internet etiquette (or lack thereof) has caused me to trespass on someone else's thread.

So, based on the response I received from the administrator, I believe my best choice would be to purchase the MTU internal drive and the CD+G software. $150 is quite reasonable considering how much I've invested in these surprisingly fragile CDGs, especially since I have a place where I can have my questions answered promptly, accurately and completely.

My next questions have to do with hardware/operating system requirements. What is the minimum operating system, amount of RAM, and processor speed required to be able to effectively use the MTU drive and software?

Pre-thanks again

jaddams
January 13th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Hello Jose,

You can find answers to most of your questions by clicking here (http://www.mtu.com/karaoke-products.htm) should you new anything,m please post back.

Welcome to the forum,

Jon

José Hunter
January 13th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Jon:

Thanks for your reply, but I did not find the answers I sought where you directed me. Could you have given the wrong link?

jaddams
January 13th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Hello Jose,

I gave you a link to all MtU's karaoke products. If you click your chosen product and click on it, it'll take you to a page which list everything about that program, including computer strength recommendations, sound cards, memory, hard drive, the whole ball of wax. Give it a try and see for yourself.

It's all there.

Good luck,

Jon

José Hunter
January 13th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Thanks Jon.

I think I missed it because I may be a bit "short of attention, got a short little span of attention".

Anyway, where - on this here forum - would I go to express my sense of humor. You see, I have this terrible affliction - I think I am a comedian

Peace, Out

José Hunter
January 14th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Ah, the magic of copy & pasteComputer Requirements

Microstudio 2.517 requires a Pentium 350MHz or faster computer with Windows (98SE, ME, 2000, XP Home or Pro), a sound card, a graphics controller card with at least 1MB RAM, Direct-X 9.0 or higher drivers, and a karaoke cdg certified CD burner (http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaokecdr.htm)

jaddams
January 14th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Ah, the magic of comedy! See, you found it, I just didn’t tell the joke right or you didn’t hear it correctly! :g

Anyway way, I don’t ever want to tell anybody about minimum requirements when the minimum have been posted by a higher authority, in this case, MTU. :w

Also, as a former US Pilot and now a Private pilot, I learned a long time ago the minimums are just that, minimum.

You have no idea how many people have made what we call “Off Site Landings” while having the the minimum qualifications, according to the FAA, to fly a plane.

My philosophy is simple, check the minimum requirements and then expend as much as you can afford to make that machine as highest above minimum as you possibly can.”

Changes are, everything will work right under those conditions. :g :g

Want to hear a fast joke Jose?

Good!.

Want to hear another one?

Best regards,

Jon