PDA

View Full Version : ERROR displayed on left side of playlist

sevekj
January 4th, 2004, 10:10 PM
I just recieved hoster and have been playing with the demo for some months. I had no problem with the demo accept for the limitations. I loaded up the full version and imported a CDG and when I go to play it comes up with ERROR on the far left side of the play list. I have tried different drive speeds, compressions. It will play from cd. but not from import.
Help

George
January 5th, 2004, 08:45 AM
sevekj,

If you're talking about the red ERROR message that pops up in place of READY in the playlist, it sounds like you may have forgotten to set up the same path to your songs folder that you imported the files into with the demo model, and the program can't find the KMA files.

You can check this out in the IMPORTS TAB. The path will be in green next to the SAVE TO FOLDER button.

It must agree with the location of where you stored your KMA files that hold an imported track.

Take care,

George

sevekj
January 17th, 2004, 07:21 PM
I am spending valuable time learning how to get support.
I don't know what thread means.
I still am not able to play my files.
I don't understand why when I select to play the imported file, I get the error. I just want it to play like it is supposed to.
I want to be able to delete in one step a mistake in importing, I am trial and erroring and it is taking so much time.
I want to import my library 1 through 500, but I want to make sure it is going to work with one and so far it has not.
I have 2 hard drives, one for the operating system and hoster and the other for just the music. I noticed that there are .hst files what are these? and also there is .kma files I think I am onto something noticing these two different files in my karaoke folder that I created to store my imports. Help

sevekj
January 17th, 2004, 07:41 PM
how do you reply to a user or someone that has responded to your support question?

Beavis
January 17th, 2004, 08:21 PM
do just what your doing right here

George
January 17th, 2004, 10:19 PM
I have no other input to offer.

sevekj
January 18th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the input, but I am still without a solution, so I will keep trying different things.
I do have it working on my home computer, but not on my dj computer, so I will be trying to look at exactly matching what is going on on my home computer, which I have already done.
But I will try again, there is something I am missing I am sure.

Thanks again,
Seve

sevekj
January 18th, 2004, 07:20 PM
the error message comes up on the far left column, the status column as soon as play is pressed. I have tried moving the file to the same drive and still no progress, I even swapped cd rom from my home computer which the program works fine with and still same problem.
I want to solve this this weekend, so I will be trying a few more things.

Seve

sevekj
January 18th, 2004, 07:22 PM
How to import kma file to specific HD, maybe that is what I need to do.

sevekj
January 18th, 2004, 09:15 PM
An error appears when I attempt to play an imported file.
It plays when I select to play from cd add CD track.
the error is in red and comes up in the status column.
I add the track from the HD and the status is ready then when I select play it turns to red error.
Here I send the dxdiag info.
I am wondering if a jumper is misplaced on one of my hard drives or if the program requires a sound card to function. I will be check on the jumper in a few minutes, but I have to take apart my home computer to check that out.
I hope the dxdiag info will help.

Seve

jaddams
January 19th, 2004, 12:16 AM
This is my own edit!

(After speaking with Admin today, I decided to edit this post) Please let me make perfectly clear that I was not forced to edit it. I am choosing to do this because I could have said the same thing in a softer way)

REFERENCE: sevekj,

Why were my posts asking Sevekj questions deleted?

This is an MTU forum and as such they can run it anyway they see fit, but If we are going to help with tech support, we need to have the right to ask questions and we need those questions answered as quickly as possible.

Tech support always asks questions if those questions are not answered, then there is nothing tech support can do.

If you have a problem, state it correctly and someone will help. I don’t have nor will I make the time to play guessing games with anyone looking for tech support. My time is also very valuable, at least to me.

If someone has a problem, give us as much information as you can, please read Admin's suggestions by clicking here (http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3071) and you'll see how quick your problems could be resolved.

MTU's programs work, and they work very well!

Sincerely,

Jon

George
January 19th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Deleted by George.

Was on the wrong track anyhow.

Beavis
January 19th, 2004, 07:04 AM
alot of posts get deleted here.

no direspect MTU, but im a member of many forums and no matter how bad the posts are, the threads (or posts) never get deleted. they are just closed.

its your forums and you can run them the way you see fit. but i dont think deleting threads (or posts) is the way to go.:)

just my .02

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 02:49 PM
I did not mean any thing bad, I am just frustrated because it is not working, I thought the suggestions for the fixes were good, but I had already tried looking at those and everything seems to be ok with the path part.

Ok, I am going to tell you as close as I can my problem, I thought I explained already several times but here goes.

I built this computer from scratch, (this is probably my problem)loaded XP pro and Hoster to HD C:, formatted HD E: created a folder named KARAOKE in HD:E Opened Hoster, at first I imported the whole CD SC8147 to be exact, that went fine and saved to E:\KARAOKE , I went to Play List Tab, selected New then Add HD trk, then BookID 101, then Add Track, Close, the song appears in the play list with status marked READY, I select play, for about half a second the status column displays CUE in Yellow, it is only noticeable the first time play is depressed, then it displays ERROR in RED Background Black font. I notice that if I press play again the cue is only displayed for a milionth of a second, I think that the first time it is because the file is being saved in the play list or something is being done with file in the HD, so the next time it does not need to sve the info it just goes straight to play. I have noticed that if I look at my HD before I press play that there is only a KMA file, the next time I look at the HD there is a .hst and a .kma file.
P.S. I did not erase any posts, I did read all, only one suggested that the naming of files or folders may be the problem, I have looked at this possible problem many times, I am pretty sure that is OK, I also sent a DXDIAG yesterday to support and hopefully that will help, still trying to figure this out, And also I am very sorry for sounding bad, I did not mean anything by it, I probably just don't know what I am typing or to who.
I wonder if I should clean off my hard drive and start all over, I already tried that once in the begiining.
I will be trying more today. I am going to take apart my other computer to check the HD settings and make sure MY hoster machine matches that, because it is working just fine on my desk computer, only my desk computer is not set up to host, no dual video card, plus all of my personal home computing stuff is on it on both drives.
Help, please
I will keep working with this because it is what I have chosen and payed to do, I really like how the demo worked and that is what made me make my decision. I had looked at SAX and Dotties and I liked it too, but what I liked about MTU was the forum and how the import feature works.

Thanks for whatever help I get and from who ever gives it.

Seve

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 03:06 PM
I just read your blasting, oooooh!

Sorry about the miscommunication.
This is the first time I see a thread from you. I never deleted any response from any one, I have not figured out how to do that yet.
In all I am sorry if I am a little wet behind the ears with this whole computer thing, but I was expecting it all to work by now, without having to figure out so much on support.
I am begiining to think that there must be a lot of problems with this program from looking at all the support forums postings, Now I am on the support forum also and I can not even get one song to load and play. I know, I know computer, computers, so finicky they can be.
Oh well, I want to have the best thing to run my show with and I am still believing that this will be the best, I just hope I can find the solution soon before I give up hope and stick with what works best, my old steam engine triple tray.

With kind regards,

Seve

gduns - with the Lord
January 19th, 2004, 03:26 PM
the ERROR on the left column means that hoster doesnt find the .kma file (the one that it is trying to play)

The ususal reason for this is when you have imported songs using the import function, and move the songs to a new directory, then try to play it.

The songs database stores the name of the song, and where it should be located. if you have changed this you must delete the songs, mdb file and REBUILD SONG DATABASE. It will ask for the directory where the .kma files are located. THIS MUST BE CORRECT

I hope this helps.

George
January 19th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Seve,

You were not accused of deleting any posts. ADMIN and MTU staff are the only one's who can delete or edit another person's posts.

George

gduns - with the Lord
January 19th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Shame no one read yourdxdiag.

It says you dont have a sound card installed , or your sound card driver isnt installed that could be a majority of the problem right there. if this isnt the problem please let us know.

If this fixes youe problem. we also appreciate a reply.

George
January 19th, 2004, 03:40 PM
If that's the case how come he can play from the drive, at least that's what he says.

gduns - with the Lord
January 19th, 2004, 04:10 PM
george, read his dxdiag.txt on the first page. it says that in it. Hoster will not function without a sound card.

George
January 19th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Seve said:

It plays when I select to play from cd add CD track.

Gduns, I realize that, but then you explain this.

I'm outa here.

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Yea, now I have more problems,

I reconfigured my HD jumpers, slve and Master now hoster does not see my cdrom at all.
If it was just not having a sound card installed, well great I will go to the local sound card dealer like I should have done in the first place, only I was baffled as to why it functioned just fine with a CDG in the cd rom.

I appreciate the input, I will get the sound card installed, I don't know why I thought the mother board supported sound, it does on my other computer.

I will be back later.

I will need an answer to getting hoster to read my cdrom, I do not want to reconfigure my jumpers if possible. And I currently do not have broadband so I would have to go to a friends house just to make an internet connection to reinstall hoster, a feature I totally dislike about MTU. Is there a way to reinstall hoster without internet connection?

Thanks for all help,

Seve

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 04:40 PM
great info, I have been deleting these files that pop up in my files each time for testing, I keep testing the same song so I can keep track of the files I create, I don't want a lot of files that will be there without my knowledge. Another thing I kind of don't like about this program. But then again I don't have computer engineering or programming skills or knowledge enough to make design changes to the software.
So I'd better just clam it.
Thanks again for the info.

Seve

MTUSUPPORT
January 19th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Seve,
Your motherboard that you have does have a sound card installed on it. You will need to make sure that you have loaded the drivers for the Intel motherboard that you have in the system. If not this would be the reason that your DXDIAG is showing no Sound Card.

I would also recommend running all of the Windows Updates from Microsoft. Aso for you Rejumpering your drives and then the CDR drive not showing up anymore, then you might need to also update your drivers for your Motherboard.

I would update all of your drivers and then you should have a better system to be ready to go with.

Let me know what happens when you do this.

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 06:50 PM
I just loaded the driver for the mother board sound, and I have switched the jumpers back, but I think I have them wrong, because now I can't get it to boot up, so I need to know how to jumper it . I have a 40g hard drive that I want to be C: with operating system on it, and E: 120g for strictly the music, how should I place the jumpers on each drive?

Seve

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Also, does it matter which mother board plug goes to which drive, there are two located on the same wire coming from the motherboard, one on the end of the flat multi cable and the other just a few inches up using the same cable, I don't think it should matter but then again I don't know.

Seve

Beavis
January 19th, 2004, 07:16 PM
tell me your kidding when you say you built your own computer !!!

jaddams
January 19th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Beavis
tell me your kidding when you say you built your own computer !!!
:g :g :g :w :w :c :c :g :g

Jon

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Of course I built it, I built my first color TV at 13, Unfortunately I have aged I am 43 now and have forgotten half of what I learned this morning, I know, go ahead make fun, at least some one is laughing.

Seve

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 07:47 PM
I could have bought one ready to go with a lot less headaches.
But I am stubborn and I want to learn more about my system.
And I thought this would be the way.

Seve

Beavis
January 19th, 2004, 07:56 PM
i would like to place an order sevekj:

3 computers lets say 1- 286dx66
2- 386dx66

and can i redeem my coupon for the 13" color TV special?

haaaaaaaaaaa!!!

when im good im good & when im bad im better!!

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 08:09 PM
ATARI (available only while supplys last)

or

Commodore 64 (must have at least 4 forms of picture ID plus Grandmothers Maiden name)

or Advanced
Commodore 128 with modern 3.5 Floppy (Allow 12 weeks for delivery from Washington D.C. Smithsonian

This will keep me busy till I get the answers I need.

Seve

MTUSUPPORT
January 19th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Sevekj,
There is no way to tell how the jumpers should be on your system without looking at the exact jumper settings, which are always written on the Hard drive.

You will need to take a look at your hard drives and find out how they should be jumpered from the label.

As for the IDE Cable, either connector can be connected to either drive, there is no special way that it has to be connected. You should always put your Hard drives on the IDE 1 connector coming out of the motherboard. Then place your CD-Rom or CD-R drives on the IDE 2 connector. This is the best way that I have found to run them. You must make sure that your C:\ hard drive is your Master and your other drive is your Slave for it to correctly work. You should always jumper your Plextor drive as the Master also, which is how they come from Plextor (most of the time) as default. Also, make sure that you have loaded the Chipset drivers for your motherboard, this will help with any other IDE or bus mastering problems that your system may encounter. These should also be located on your CD from Intel for your exact motherboard.

Then try to boot the system up again and see if it will work.

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 08:17 PM
I will be working with this new info to see if I can't get it right,
thanks, Bryan

Seve

jaddams
January 19th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Sevekj,

I am going to apologize for my blasting report of this morning. The line that got met really upset was your "Time is a wasting," I believe you are sincere in what you are posting, but to get help, yoou have to describe exactly what is happening.

the work ERROR is an integral part of any Windows Operating System. All I asked was to post, which error your were getting.

I think the solution to you problems is somewhere buried within the answer you have already gotten, the problem here appears to be that:

1. Nobody is reading and acting upon the recommendations,
2. Somebody is reading and not understanding the problem (me, for intance, and
3. It has become a one upmanship on this thread, Perhaps we should take it from the beginning and see if we can find the problem.

The programs works and it works very well.

I did not mean to make fun of your post, I was upset that you mention your waste of time as if our time, didn.t mean anything.

Best regards,

Jon

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 08:44 PM
I am actually very impressed with all of the comments and help from everyone, I can't wait to get this thing going so that maybe I could contribute to helping someone.

Seve

jaddams
January 19th, 2004, 08:47 PM
sevekj,

I am happy you understand. I meant no disrespect.

Sincerely.

Jon

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 08:56 PM
It is working, MAN!!!!

If I had only known that I needed the sound driver installed.

Sorry about not totally understanding everything about this computer. There are so many different things to go wrong, I was just happy to get XP running.

Thanks for the support, even though it has been a pain.

Well, my favorite quote this week,

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Says a lot.

Seve

Beavis
January 19th, 2004, 08:59 PM
:) :) :) :)

its all good !!

sometimes you need a little laugh to keep things moving in the right direction!

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 09:27 PM
heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh,

Cornholio

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 09:30 PM
now I am busy importing,

Thanks to all,

Seve

gduns - with the Lord
January 19th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Sorry dude,
I wish I knew what the hell I was talking about. but some times you have to just wing it.:g :g :g :r :s

George
January 19th, 2004, 10:25 PM
...and they lived happily ever after:)

sevekj
January 19th, 2004, 10:35 PM
It was you that got me thinkin, about the sound card thing, so I split down to the local computer store, and asked about why my sound was not working from my mother board and he gave me the answer I needed and that was to load it from the disk that the motherboard came with. Plus it was confirmed on the forum down the line. So, I just had to have a free day on the forum to get this thing going, thanks Martin Luther King.

Seve

jeffparnau
January 31st, 2004, 03:00 PM
I've read this thread, and I am having the same problem -- ERROR on the playlist. It seems that the thread ends with no solution. Is there a solution?

admin
January 31st, 2004, 06:44 PM
Click here to go to the FAQ article on this topic (http://mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=55&c=5). It may give you some starting points.

sevekj
January 31st, 2004, 07:21 PM
My solution was, I did not have my sound driver installed for my mother board.
Check to make sure the sound driver is on and installed or install a sound card and driver if your mother board does not support sound onboard.

I hope this helps you.

Seve