PDA

View Full Version : This It To Mtu Admin

crazycarl
December 28th, 2003, 12:20 PM
I Believe your customers deserve a little help from you. This Forum is one of the best things about Hoster except.... Realize i just scanned the title of the help sectionand this is what I found.

Threads about:
Slow download 6+Threads
Graphic problems 7+Threads
Printing problems 7+Threads
Book Id Problems 18+threads

And Possible even more common ones then these are listed over and over. I feel that MTU should put these into the FAQ section and answer them in complete detail. When you first get Hoster and are installing Cds you are bound to make mistakes, and to reclaim a Book Id Is like pulling teeth. You Have A great Product but the help part of your company needs help. I even contact Brian and he was some help, but it was lunch time and he said he would call me back. I'm Still waiting. There must be a simpler way to reuse book ids
Thank You Before Hand Crazy Carl

MTUSUPPORT
December 29th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Crazycarl,
Here is what I have copied and pasted out of the manual on this:

Steps to Build the Songs Database

1) Click the Tools menu Build Songs Database command.

2) In the dialog box that appears you will see a Songs source folders list box. Add the folders you have created and imported songs to (or moved .kma files to them from any other folder) and their .kma files will also appear in the newly built Songs Database.

If you want to import your kma songs into your D drive, then create a folder there like, D:\Hoster Songs. When you click the Build Songs Database button it will add only the .kma files found in the D:\Hoster Songs folder to the new Songs Database.
Click the Build Song Database button to create the Songs Database. Clicking the Cancel button terminates the rebuild operation.

3) Make sure that you have the "Song Database Destination folder" set to C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases or your songs will not show up when you are finished rebuilding the Songs Database.

The new Songs Database is built from songs found in the specified Song source folders, and written in the selected Song database destination folder.

gduns - with the Lord
December 29th, 2003, 02:50 PM
I am only a user like you, but MTU responds as needed here. Reclaiming a song number isn't a problem it takes a couple of minutes, but so does correcting any mistake.

The manual is Very clear and easy to read.

There are many users on here offering help to beginners.

You can get better results from anyone by asking questions, than questioning integrity.

when in doubt READ THE MANUAL

I will be glad to help you and anyone with questions, as I use hoster on a daily basis.

crazycarl
December 29th, 2003, 03:04 PM
but when i go to the access the file starts to change and then goes back to the file page like it started. I have called and email mtu. and have been told to do such and such. I know I'm a computer idiot. But I have asked for help and things just get worse.:m
I Wish I Had Never bought this program

gduns - with the Lord
December 29th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Please post exactly what you are trying to do, and I will try to give you instruction.

Please take your time , and be explicit

crazycarl
December 29th, 2003, 05:35 PM
after 3 weedks of downloading 800+ cds And hoster wont workI reinstalled hoster and rebuilt song database and under the playlist I have nothing but blank screens. when I go to prepare song books and click create a little box pops up and says HPRINT Input past end of file. I cant get a responce from MTU.
I guess I just wasted $300.00

gduns - with the Lord
December 29th, 2003, 07:51 PM
ok, now I know what you are doing.....
please describe the machine you are using......
This will give them a clue as to what is happening....
I will post my machines specs, so you will know what they need.
I am shure you will hear from the as soon as tomorrow if not e-mail me at work, as I am home right now. I will try to help

crazycarl
December 29th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Windows Xp Home
Amd athalon Processo799mhz
752mb ram
primary Hd 20gb------c:/ drive
secondary 80gb-------e:drive
sound blaster
plextor 52x cd-rw
My songs are on my e:/ drive 10,222. I installed hoster first on c:/ drive and it did not work, removed it and installed it on e:/ drive same result. Rebuilt song data base both times.
When in the playlist all areas are blank. when I try to print a book window pops up says HPRINT Input past end of file. So I am totally lost about how to do this:? :m

gduns - with the Lord
December 29th, 2003, 11:01 PM
I have attached a picture of the build database screen with instruction.

On the bottom this has to point to the directory where hoster is installed, and the database folder . Please read it carefully

on the top is where you saved the .kma (songtracks).......

set these properly, and it should build a database, and everything else should function properly.

Let me know how it goes please.

gduns - with the Lord
December 29th, 2003, 11:17 PM
here is the file I had to zip it to send it.

crazycarl
December 29th, 2003, 11:17 PM
no attachment I can find

gduns - with the Lord
December 29th, 2003, 11:33 PM
read the post above your last

crazycarl
December 29th, 2003, 11:49 PM
I could never get the c:/ program files into the destination folder. know if i can get my printer to work it only shoes squares and garbage no words. and can figure out how to reuse id numbers maybe this old horse can rock
Thank you so much :g
Crazy Carl

mindonstrike
December 30th, 2003, 05:44 AM
Also do a search in "my computer" for "songs.mdb" . If you come up with more than one it could be that hoster is looking in the wrong location for your songs - or you are building it in the wrong location. This could happen due to your reinstall in a new location.

p.s. 799mhz is just a tad below hosters minimum specs so you could have issues in the future related to that.

Hoster for me has been the best $300 I've ever spent, I use it 7 days a week. Like all new software there is a little bit of a learning curve to it. By providing us (other users as well as MTU support) with as much info as possible, hopefully you too will soon be another satisfied customer.

Sam

MTUSUPPORT
December 30th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Crazy carl,
When you are opening the .rtf files that are created when you click the Create Songbook button, make sure that you are using WordPad and not Notepad. If you use Notepad, then you will see the garbage that you are referring to.

Wordpad is located under your Start Menu, Programs, Accessories Menu

crazycarl
December 30th, 2003, 06:00 PM
All i get is mumbo jumbo no real words I know this is my problem and not yours
Crazycarl

sevekj
January 27th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I noticed you have XP home.
I work with High Speed Internet installs and run into more problems with all others except XP professional with all the service packs and updates. So consider, XP Pro for your computer.

Seve